Skip to content


Home Message Board Contact Us Search
You are here: Home arrow Before Coming arrow Professional and Social Visit Visas for Singapore
Professional and Social Visit Visas for Singapore PDF Print E-mail

Professional Visit Pass

If you are on a short-term assignment in Singapore either in your professional capacity or to participate in related activities, you need a Professional Visit Pass. Each Pass costs $25 for a period of less than 3 months. If you need a visa, you have to pay an extra $20. Processing normally takes 3 to 4 weeks. Assignments that fall into this category include:

  1. Foreigner giving lectures or participating in a seminar or conference as speaker.
  2. Foreign journalist, reporter or film crew.
  3. Foreign representative of an overseas school or university.
  4. Foreign exhibitors or demonstrators participating in exhibitions and trade fairs or demonstrating products.
  5. Foreign performing artiste or others.

You can get application forms and more information from the Singapore Immigration & Registration website.

Social Visit Pass

Social visit passes for a period of less than 3 months are free. If you want to extend the pass, you need to pay a $40 fee. Passes are required for the following persons:

  1. Spouse, unmarried children below 21 years, and parents of Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
  2. Parents and parents-in-law of Employment Pass holders.
  3. Mothers of student pass holders.
  4. Expectant mothers.
  5. Tourists and others.

Frankly, the matter can be quite baffling. For the absolute final word as well as a list of relevant documents you need to produce, you can again check out the Singapore Immigration and Registration department's explanation..

< Prev   Next >

  • Narrow screen resolution
  • Wide screen resolution
  • Auto width resolution
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Default font size