Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 23 November 2017, 20:52:10 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1] 2
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stocks & looming GFC  (Read 3000 times)
it seems so
« on: 22 January 2016, 1:09:46 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What on earth is happening to this world, the plunging stock markets, oil cheaper than bottled water, and the worst global financial crisis in history sitting on the horizon. ... Huh

doomwatch
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2016, 3:44:08 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wow! OP, at 1 in the morning, you woke up with this pearl of wisdom? Save time go back home now before your expat contract wears out!
it seems so
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2016, 6:58:44 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes a great intelligent answer there.  Bury your head in the sand, pretend its not happening by all means.  Look at the share boards at yesterday COB- there are some serious drops going on.  China Central Bank has pumped in over 90 billion dollars of liquidity.  You think 2008 was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet  There is some heavy selling happening in China, Japan Hong Kong and South Korea and this looks set to continue.  You think property will not be hit ?.  The time to dump & sell property and shares is now, they are not going to deliver. get what you can while you can.  Cash will be king once again.
doomwatch
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2016, 16:06:21 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well OP, in your second post, you're so convinced of your predictions and analysis, why are you getting your panties in a twist and asking inane questions in your first post? Roll Eyes
it seems so
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2016, 5:49:10 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ha !   How about the china stock market then ?   Got answers ?  Tells is wise one us in your professional opinion why we have everything turning red ?
doomwatcher
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2016, 6:47:50 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wow OP! You really do have your panties in a twist haven't you? The sky's falling - surprised you haven't thrown yourself off a building yet.
it seems so
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2016, 21:09:41 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not me Doomwatcher. 

I am watching from the fence this time, I have been through this once and learned the hard way, so I got out early this time. 

2008 will look like the Tellytubbies Tea Party compared to what's coming.

Look at the last weeks SHCOMP, NIKKEI, HANG SENG etc coupled with the very low and still falling oil price. 

It ain't pretty.   SELL SELL SELL !
Nitpicker
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2016, 1:17:01 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What on earth is happening to this world, the plunging stock markets, oil cheaper than bottled water, and the worst global financial crisis in history sitting on the horizon. ... Huh

I liked that quote - Oil cheaper than bottled water. So i did some research to see if it were really true.

1 Barrel of oil =158.9 Litres. Current cost approx $30.
1 bottle of dasani = 0.5 Litres. current cost at Walmart for a 6 pack is $2.65.
Therefore 158.9 litres of dasani would cost approx $140!!!
That means Oil has always been cheaper than bottled water even when it was at its peak in 2006-07. Wow!!!
(All currency amounts in USD and measures in US measures)
(
it seems so
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2016, 5:26:36 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

And the free-falling stocks ?  In denial are we ?  Might be time to dump your overpriced shoe box in the sky.
doomwatch
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2016, 9:00:09 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Panties. Twist. Cheesy
oldmike
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2016, 17:46:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't know anything about international finance, but it seems to me that a low oil price is bad for oil companies , OPEC  and the peddlers of windmills and solar panels. Surely is should be good for the rest of us and lead to more disposable income and booming economies.
What am I missing?
it seems so
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2016, 18:26:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I liked that quote - Oil cheaper than bottled water. So i did some research to see if it were really true.

1 Barrel of oil =158.9 Litres. Current cost approx $30.
1 bottle of dasani = 0.5 Litres. current cost at Walmart for a 6 pack is $2.65.
Therefore 158.9 litres of dasani would cost approx $140!!!
That means Oil has always been cheaper than bottled water even when it was at its peak in 2006-07. Wow!!!
(All currency amounts in USD and measures in US measures)
(

You would make an excellent politician because you put the consumers end price of bottled water against a wholesale price of oil.

Good job you don't work for my company. 
doomwatch
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2016, 21:10:39 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

panties. twist. headless chicken.
it seems so
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2016, 21:38:04 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Red lights mean sell.
doomwatch
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2016, 8:25:20 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Red lights mean sell.

You still haven't explained your ridiculous theory that oil's cheaper than water.
Pages: [1] 2
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: