Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 21 October 2017, 11:16:38 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shawarma's ???  (Read 8423 times)
Craavingg
« on: 13 June 2008, 16:17:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Anyone know where you can find good shawarmas in Singapore ? been looking around cant seem to find any good places.. had one in Clarke Quay Shiraz but it wasnt very authentic... thanks..

döner
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2008, 16:37:39 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

there's a turkish pub/resto along tanjong katong. i think they serve döner. that's the same?
Holland village
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2008, 23:21:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Holland village has a great new Lebanese restaurant - there are actually two.  I prefer the newer one - haven't had shawarma but their other Middle Eastern stuff was pretty authentic.  It is the one closer to Holland Rd.
try here
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2008, 14:28:47 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sofra cafe down Beach Road (level 2 of that building opposite the end of Middle Rd)

The Turkish cafe at Marine Cove on the east coast park does kebabs and they have a branch outside Parkway Parade now (near the fountain).

There's also one in Far East Shopping Centre - or is it the plaza?  The one on Scotts Rd (not the Orchard Rd one).
dubai girl
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2008, 21:35:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

the one a Parkway/ECP is insanely expensive!
achilles_ath

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Two options - one at the Lebanese rest at Holland Village, though not that great. The other option, cheaper and better is a Turkish outfit at Peace Center on Selegie road, near the Standard Chartered branch.
none
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2008, 14:20:39 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Anyone know where you can find good shawarmas in Singapore ? been looking around cant seem to find any good places.. had one in Clarke Quay Shiraz but it wasnt very authentic... thanks..

Having grown up in the middle east and being here for the last 10 years, I can regretfully confirm that there is no such thing as good shawarma in Singapore.  We do it at home and its waaaaaay better than anything they try to sell as shawarma in this country.
Shawarma hunter
« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2015, 13:00:17 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

7 years since the last post and sadly nothing much improved since then!

I had a great Shawarma in Bangkok last week in Nana area but nothing comes even close to that in Singapore.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: