Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 29 May 2017, 17:29:28 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent trouser alterations  (Read 17456 times)
beach
« on: 15 January 2009, 10:07:06 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi, I hope someone out there can help.

We just arrived in Singapore on Monday and yesterday purchased all our sons school clothes. Unfortunately I need to have his trousers adjusted and need this done before Monday.

Does anyone know we can I go to get some quick alterations done please? We are staying near Orchard Rd so anywhere near by would be great but will travel wherever.

Please don't suggest to do it myself as I cannot sew at all and even if I could I have no equipment anyway.

Hope someone can help me, thanks in adavnce,

Cheers Beach

Tailors
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2009, 10:19:52 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Up and down the Orchard Road's malls (and certainly in the Far East Plazza on Scotts Road) there are numerous tailors who offer to knock up a mens suit in 8 hours or so and I am sure they will be happy to do some alterations to your son's trousers and charge for it.
Portitia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Serangoon Road or Little India is just on the outskirt of Orchard, you can go by MRT as well.  Lots of cheap quick fix tailors.  More prominent for you to look would be in Tekka Market itself.  You can get off @ Little India MRT or Farrer Park MRT & walk a little.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2009, 6:02:33 AM by BoardManager » Logged
Addadude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2009, 13:01:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Peninsula Shopping Centre has a LOT of shops that can do pretty much instant alterations. Nearer to Orchard Road at Far East Plaza tehre are at least five such shops. At most it will cost you $6 to shorten pants.
iou
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2009, 23:54:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

try lucky plaza, 3rd floor. I think hes called johns alteratiions.
try ..
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2009, 19:05:32 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Lucky Plaza, 4th level has a alteration tailor shop, Iv'e been going there for years and it's pretty quick.
Scroobal
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2009, 11:56:44 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi, I hope someone out there can help.

We just arrived in Singapore on Monday and yesterday purchased all our sons school clothes. Unfortunately I need to have his trousers adjusted and need this done before Monday.

Take the MRT to cityhall. Head to Peninsula Shopping centre, I think it is on the 2nd or 3rd floor at a corner next to a Health Centre (massage parlour) The guy speaks very good english, very professional, his staff (ladies ) will get it done in less than 30 mins. And only a couple of dollars per piece. By the time you finish your coffee at Coffeebean on the ground floor, all done. Never failed me in 15 years.
Yih Long
« Reply #7 on: 05 November 2015, 19:27:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi all,

If you need alteration services, you can contact my mum, Mdm Chan, at 64416812, or HP at 84293817.

She provides alteration services freelance from home, and this has always been her passion and was her previous profession. Her location is at Blk 23 Chai Chee Road, Bedok area, especially convenient for those who stay in the East Side. All my related family have their clothes altered by her.

You can call her directly to ask about the service you need, price and other details. (Note she is only well-versed in Chinese, speaks broken English, can liase with me to translate if required).

Many thanks Smiley
in stitches
« Reply #8 on: 05 November 2015, 22:37:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi PP, your mum the chinese the seamstress would be so proud. You actually revived a 6 year old thread! Who knows the OP might still have the trousers adjusted - the kid will have missed about 6 years of schooling but hey, he can always say the dog ate his homework.

That is unless that old 4th level lucky plaza shop threw a sewing needle in the works.
hung lo
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2016, 23:03:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Now me buy pill from man in pasar malam, he say good for you make bigger and lady happy.  I take pill and now me much bigger so now need alteration trouser Wink
oldmike
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2016, 1:23:15 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Better you save your money. No money No honey
LOL LOL
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2016, 14:17:08 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Guys! This thread's got me rolling on the floor in stitches! The off the cuff humour's just full of zip. No one's needling each other, the board's not as active as it used to be but sew sew. It's great!
fayeseom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2016, 19:48:22 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Guys,
here i Share Address
CLM Fashion
101 Upper Cross Street #03-83
(People's Park Centre)
Singapore 058357
Telephone : 6532-6494
Operating hours
Monday to Saturday  12.30pm - 6.30pm
Close on Sunday

tanvir111

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2016, 2:53:13 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wink
nice post
YihLong
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2016, 18:08:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi there,

If you need trouser alterations or any other clothing alteration services in Singapore, you can contact my mum, Mdm Chan, at 64416812, or HP at 84293817.

She provides alteration services freelance from home, and this has always been her passion and was her previous profession. Her location is at Blk 23 Chai Chee Road, Bedok area, especially convenient for those who stay in the East Side. All my related family have their clothes altered by her.

Many thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: