Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 24 September 2017, 20:07:03 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Harassment by corrupt immigration staff at Batam, Indonesia  (Read 36064 times)
Think outside the box
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2016, 9:50:40 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hey guys,

I know this thread is quite old but let me shed abit of light on this situation.

It's not really nice to be singling out individual or certain countries on whether they are corrupt or justice or whatever that is.

The fact and the matter for Batam is concerned.

Foreigners who intend to PROLONG their stay in SINGAPORE, tend to do this practice (loophole in the immigration system), go somewhere cheap, across the border, have their passport stamped, the next day return to Singapore with a longer visa to stay with their family.

We know how it goes, those who have visas in Singapore expiring in 2-3 days, the immigration have the authority to stop you from entering - this refer's to one of the post which someone have stated before "passing visa", touch and go touch and go.

Everything comes with a price, you treat people nicely, people treat you nicely.

Just my two sense worth.

Singaporean Expat.

Whats the logic
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hey guys,

I know this thread is quite old but let me shed abit of light on this situation.

It's not really nice to be singling out individual or certain countries on whether they are corrupt or justice or whatever that is.

The fact and the matter for Batam is concerned.

Foreigners who intend to PROLONG their stay in SINGAPORE, tend to do this practice (loophole in the immigration system), go somewhere cheap, across the border, have their passport stamped, the next day return to Singapore with a longer visa to stay with their family.

We know how it goes, those who have visas in Singapore expiring in 2-3 days, the immigration have the authority to stop you from entering - this refer's to one of the post which someone have stated before "passing visa", touch and go touch and go.

Everything comes with a price, you treat people nicely, people treat you nicely.

Just my two sense worth.

Singaporean Expat.

Sorry, I don't understand your logic. Why would some people doing visa runs from Singapore have anything to do with Batam custom officials being corrupt? Two wrongs do not make one right.
Hash Tag
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2017, 23:14:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

@Victory Rider: pertaining to the last question. Singapore does not like to be like Malaysia where Malays is the 1st class race in their country and Malay is their communicating medium. Of course, most singaporeans will pick up one or two words but not a whole sentence if they are non malay. Learning Melayu would obviously be advantages in such situations, but we are given more freedom on whether we would like to pick up as English is the communicating Medium NOT Malay.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: