Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 21 October 2017, 11:14:23 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Agent goes to Small Claims to demand 0.5 month of Commission.  (Read 362 times)
Graham

View Profile
« on: 12 August 2017, 22:11:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi all, recently i decided to shift out of my existing premise and had to break lease. I told my landlord's agent of my intention but he mentioned that i needed to find a new tenant to take over the premise before i move out. As he was the exclusive agent for the landlord, I had to seek his help to list the premise.

We had a few viewing but it didn't turn out well. When i investigated, it turned out that the agent demanded the new tenants for a 0.5 month commission. So i told the new tenants to ignore his demand as it is not right for the agent to get commission from all parties.

Subsequently the agent directed the 0.5 month commission towards me mentioning that since I told the new tenant to not pay, i will have to pay for the 0.5 month commission.

Getting back the security deposit from the Landlord, the landlord deducted the prorated component of the unconsumed portion of the agent's commission. Which should be used to pay for the agent's next commission.

But the agent went to the SCT to demand that i pay back the 0.5 month of Commission.

Any advise?

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: