Skip to content


Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 20 September 2018, 0:57:25 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moving to Singapore as a trailing spouse  (Read 2494 times)
Posts: 1

View Profile
« on: 07 September 2017, 0:28:47 AM »

Hello everyone! I've got the chance to move to Singapore with my partner (she will be employed by her company which she is working for now here in Germany).

Does anyone know, how the chances are for me to get work permission either as employee or self employee/freelancer in general. For further details pls feel free to contact me via mail. I would be more than happy about any  response!

Thanks, best

[email protected]

Global Moderator
Hero Member
Posts: 1256

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2017, 3:37:07 AM »

First: Singapore does not recognize " partner" you need to be married.  Then you can get a visa as a trailing spouse. This does not allow you to work. Potential employers would apply for permission for you to work. Unless you have expertise that is not available in Singapore your chances are slim.
Posts: 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2017, 13:08:57 PM »

Dear KB42,

Oldmike have the point. It will be great that you can let me know more on your background or situation so that I can do a free assessment or advise you accordingly.

You may want to drop us your enquiry at the following :

facebook page:

Cheers ! Wink

Lida Immigration Pte Ltd is an immigration advisory service headquartered in Singapore, specialising in advising, assisting and representing clients through the complex immigration application process. The company provide advice, information and case management to individual and corporate clients.
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines