Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 August 2018, 16:22:39 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Employment Pass requirements  (Read 1162 times)
nino.scibetta

View Profile
« on: 26 January 2018, 12:11:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hello everyone,

I am a French national who has been offered a position in a famous Singaporean airline company. I have cleared a first medical check - although they want me to pass a second urine test soon - and now the company is applying for my employment pass. The HR has asked me for standards documents, ID, birth certificates and diploma scrolls, but also marksheets. Looking at the employment pass application form, marksheets seem to be required by the Singaporean Government only for Indian nationals.

My questions are:
- Can the additional medical checkup and additional qualification proofs (marksheets) be standard a requirement in the company HR process, or are they just too zealed with regards to Sing govt?
- What do you think I should reply to HR regarding the marksheets, as they don't seem to me as a hard requirement, and providing them will probably delay the hiring process for weeks (I am working overseas and my documents are not easily accessible), and I'd like to speed up the process for personal reasons (logistics + wedding in home country etc.)...

Thank you for reading me and for your pieces of advice!

Best regards,
Nino

oldmike
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2018, 18:10:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't know anything about the company, but I DO know that H.R. lifeforms are not noted for taking the initiative. If they have a box labelled " Marksheets" and are not able to tick it, they will do nothing.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: