Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 23 May 2018, 17:29:54 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: FDW hiring complication  (Read 581 times)
TallWesternAsian

View Profile
« on: 05 March 2018, 14:40:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hey everyone,

I've got a bit of a conundrum on me hands.

There's this Foreign Domestic Worker that i wanna hire for my family in Singapore. She's a gem and really hardworking. The thing is, she's working for another family but her contract ends in April and she's due to return to Philippines for a break.

How do i go about hiring her without the hassle of going through an agency (read expensive) and side stepping the issues of re-entering Singapore.

Cheers
TallWesternAsian

LFB
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2018, 14:32:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The best way would be to get a contract signed with her before she leaves for her return to the Philippines.

My experience is that it is worth the bit of extra expense to work through an agency.  They cut the hassle factor, confusion & time.  They'll help get the permits, insurance, etc.  I'm sure you can do it on your own, but when we looked into it a couple years ago it seemed a lot easier.  I don't remember what the cost was, but it didn't seem that bad.  I'm not going to recommend any particular one - I ain't selling for them - just sharing my (lazy) experience.

I would think if you approached an agency or even her old agency, telling them it's all set-up & just need them to do the paperwork it shouldn't be that much $$$.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Cheers
LFB
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: