Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 22 October 2018, 20:17:45 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you find that local people don't understand you or your humour?  (Read 1396 times)
too brainy?
« on: 30 July 2018, 19:25:24 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

None of the local girls my age seem to understand the humour of e.g. Seinfeld or movies like Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels. I hear local humour (doesn't take much to understand it) but my god, if anyone had half a brain in the local joint, it'd get lonely.

They're my age, gone to University here but...

too dumb
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2018, 21:11:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Man I feel your pain. I've gone out with a SPG who doesn't understand the humour in The Office or The IT Crowd!! FFS!!!! And she went to University in New Zealand!!!!
funny expat
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2018, 21:16:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Their brains are wired differently and everything you say is taken literally

Leave western banter for when you are with other westerners or save it for back home.

It doesnt go down very well here.
expat woman
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2018, 10:06:06 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PP and OP, if that's the case why do so many expat men ignore expat women and go for local ones?
local yokel
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you as an expat, with all your (perceived) advantages, are complaining and yet have no problems pulling local and expat women, spare a thought for the well educated and refined local guy.

He's just as brainy and good but can't pull 'cos he's local. I've heard and seen local women put white men on a pedestal and treat them like kings.
funny expat
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2018, 16:30:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PP and OP, if that's the case why do so many expat men ignore expat women and go for local ones?

Maybe because local girls are very feminine, and great to be with, usually very highly educated and interesting to be with.  True they dont get western banter but they have all that feminine energy and vibe going on.

Huat Ah!
« Reply #6 on: 19 August 2018, 20:18:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Maybe because local girls are very feminine, and great to be with, usually very highly educated and interesting to be with.  True they dont get western banter but they have all that feminine energy and vibe going on.

Where's that feminine energy and give going on?  Which part(s)?
pulling babes
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2018, 23:08:40 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

With a face like that, Anton Casey pulled a former Miss Universe Singapore. And I bet she understands his humour. Even the poor people.
funny expat
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2018, 13:55:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think you know what it is.  If you are stuck with an expat girl then you know exactly what it is.  Its the thing you want but cant have because your expat girl wears the trousers and keeps you on a short leash. 
Party Whip
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2018, 23:37:57 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think you know what it is.  If you are stuck with an expat girl then you know exactly what it is.  Its the thing you want but cant have because your expat girl wears the trousers and keeps you on a short leash. 

Didn't know that expats were into bdsm Huh
funny expat
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2018, 13:08:58 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I see so many expats with their angry, loud, optinionated, overweight wives.

Farny lah!
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2018, 13:16:04 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

A man walks into an expat message board.

Ouch!

No one else got it either.

Another expat walks into a bar.
Ouch!

Bet no one got that either.
funny expat
« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2018, 15:58:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What should you do this evening..? 

Head down to Clarke Quay, sink a few beers, go to a night club.

Tomorrow work, again.

The weekend is just too short.
Farnee lah!
« Reply #13 on: 01 September 2018, 23:00:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What should you do this evening..? 

Head down to Clarke Quay, sink a few beers, go to a night club.

Tomorrow work, again.

The weekend is just too short.

PP - Wow! HAHAHAHAHA! THAT'S SOOOOO FUNNY.

It's the way he tells 'em. Such a rip snorter.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: