ExpatSingapore Message Board 24 April 2014, 21:32:37 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: handful  (Read 230 times)
Mixed sweets
« on: 17 May 2006, 1:06:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi, I was at a mall a while back that had a shop where my kids could help themselves to candy. You took a bag and then used a little scoop to put the sweets you chose in a little bag.  They then weighed it and you paid.  Now if I could just remember the mall.
Is there one on Orchard?
Thanks so much.  
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 17 May 2006, 1:06:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

unhygienic
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2006, 8:05:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I used to love those pick'n'mix sweets in shops until one day when I watched a man pick a huge 'nasty' from his nose and then use the same hand to dig for a particular sweet out of one of the boxes. It was the most revolting  thing and although I told him to use a scoop - he continued to use his fingers. I have also seen so many kids using their fingers too - very unhygienic and needless to say I never buy from pick'n'mixes anymore.
yummy
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2006, 8:50:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There is a really nice big shop at Millenia Walk.
Mixed sweets
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2006, 12:57:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Went to Plaza Singapura today next to cinema, but only had unwrapped ones. I'm looking for wrapped candy.  Any on Orchard Road?  Otherwise will head to Millenium Walk later.  
Thanks!
belle
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2006, 21:27:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Upstairs in the Heeren - I think the 4th or 5th floor with all the funky little shops of clothing and accessories. There's one pick&mix type shop there.

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: