Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 28 July 2014, 14:14:27 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy school shoes?  (Read 2691 times)
shinyshoes
« on: 15 March 2004, 13:11:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I was hoping my daughter's school shoes would last until we go home in the summer where I could buy some new ones, but unfortunately her feet have experienced a growth spurt and as I have never tried to buy school shoes in Singapore before I could really do with some advice on where to go.  I know that Tanglin PTA provided a Start-Rite fitting service, but I believe this has now finished?  She needs black or navy closed toe shoes so if anyone has any ideas, especially places where they will fit them, I would be extremely grateful.  Thank you.
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 15 March 2004, 13:11:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Soled Out
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2004, 14:13:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Have you tried that shop in Tanglin Mall? I think it's a Clarkes shop, but it sells Start Rite shoes. I think it's on Level 1 (sorry, haven't taken much notice because of not having to use it!)
shoes
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2004, 15:11:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are a few shops in Tanglin Mall that sell the type of shoes you are after.  Clarks will indeed fit them for you but not always to the same standard as they would in the UK. (No electronic measuring devices here !!)

I just bought my little girl a pair of black Reebok shoes from Royal Sporting House. They are closed in, velcro fastening and much cheaper than Clarks.

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: