Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 24 April 2014, 18:07:07 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Parking fines  (Read 1879 times)
Traffic Offender
« on: 12 September 2002, 22:26:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would appreciate if someone can let me know where I can find the charges for various traffic offences (related to parking) committed in Singapore. I've tried searching under the following websites but couldn't find the info :
Traffic police dept,
URA
onemotoring.com.sg
LTA
AAS

Thanks in advance.

ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 12 September 2002, 22:26:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

evehow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2002, 23:16:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I still have one of those samans (traffic summons) pinned up in my office so if you will wait till tomorrow, I can provide a "schedule of prices" for the various parking offences!

Traffic Offender
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2002, 9:51:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Evehow,

Really appreciate that. Thanks a ton.

I got a ticket stuck on my windshield when I parked on a double non-broken yellow line. It said a notice will be issued by Traffic Police. Was a bit worried about if the fine involves any demerit points :-(

evehow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry, the saman I have has no rates for parking along yellow lines.  But here's the schedule anyway.  Let me see if I can dig some information from somewhere else.

I'm quoting rates for motorcars.  Rates for motorcycles and heavy vehicles are different.

PARKING PLACES RULES (R2, Cap 214)

Parking other than in a parking lot - $50

Using a parking place for unauthorised purpose - $80

Parking in a place not designated for use thereof - $50

Drawing/Driving/Pushing/Parking motor vehicle in a disorderly manner without due regard to the safety of other vehicles and persons - $50

Pushing/Removing motor vehicle without the permission of owner or driver - $50

Failure to obey signs exhibited in parking place -$80

Parking beyond the boundaries of parking lot thereby causing obstruction-$50

Repairing/permit to repair motor vehicle in parking place-$80

Using motor vehicle within parking place for sale or promoting the sale of any goods, articles or things -$80

Cause/permit vehicle to be washed in a parking place-$80

Failing to obey lawful directions given by Parking Wardens -$50

Parking in season parking place without possession of a valid season parking ticket -$50

Displaying a season parking ticket that has alteration, erasure or other irregularity therein indicating that it has been tampered with -$300

Failure to produce the season parking ticket on demand by person authorised by the Superintendent for inspection and/or retention -$300

Unauthorised parking in reserved parking lot or without displaying authorised label -$50

Displaying any authorisation that has alternation, erasure or other irregularity therein indicating that it has been tampered with -$300

Failing to produce the authorisation on demand by person authorised by the Superintendent for inspection and/or retention -$300

PARKING PLACES (COUPON PARKING RULES) (R3 Cap 214)

Parking without displaying valid parking coupon(s) or displaying insufficient parking coupons -$30

Parking displaying invalid parking coupon(s) -$30

Coupon(s) not clearly displayed from the front or offside of motor vehicle -$30

Displaying coupon in which time of commencement of parking indicated is later than the actual time when motor vehicle is first parked -$30

Parking after the expiry of the parking coupon(s) to meet the prescribed parking charges:

Half hour or less-$6
Exceed half-hour to one hour-$10
Exceed one hour-$20

Failing to produce coupon(s) on demand by person authorised by the Superintendent for inspection and/or retention -$300

evehow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2002, 10:07:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Try the AA website:

http://www.aas.com.sg/features/archive/otr10011.htm

evehow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2002, 10:14:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Try the Traffic Police for info on demerit points:
http://www.gov.sg/mha/spf/ecitizen/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Generated/Ax_FAQ/faq108.html
Traffic Offender
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2002, 10:49:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Evehow,

Thanks again for all the links.

I too am searching and checking with my friends in office. A couple of them have recieved notices from URA (for parking for longer times than what the coupons were punched, or for indicating a wrong date on the coupon etc.). It just involves a monetary fine. None of them have got a ticket from Traffic police. Lucky fellas. They tell me as long as its not on a major road (I parked in a tiny by-lane off Changi Road), I won't get demerit points. The fine is around $70. Let's see how it goes.

There is a link in the ura website (ura.gov.sg) under the For Motorists section. In the page that comes up, there is a link that says "COMPOSITION AMOUNTS for PARKING
OFFENCES", but a blank page opens up.

I guess I have to wait for the notice to come in. I am sure it comes quite fast.

Traffic Offender
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2002, 10:53:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Found this link on parking along zig-zag lines :
http://www.aas.com.sg/features/archive/otr03991.htm
caught in the act
« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2002, 16:19:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We got fined $70 for parking opp unbroken double white lines. No demerit points.

The summons took nearly 3 weeks to come through - had to sign for it (ie registered post) - and they give you several options on how to pay. There is 28 days to pay from date of issue or you can go to court at a later date if you wish to query it.

Rottie Owner
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2002, 19:33:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Do what ever you want on the roads IE: speed, dont indicate, tailgate, cut off,drive through stop signs red lights, etc etc but for gods sake do not park where you should not. There are more parking inspectors than police and they make commission. Go for the Cash card carpark then you dont have to punch out the silly little holes in the tickets.
I have been fined more here than anywhere in the world in my entire life.
nic merrow
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2002, 22:08:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Heh, go to a SAM  (semi-autonmated teller outside some of the post offices etc.)and pay your fines, simplist yet. Type in your vehicle registration number and  swipe your nets card and the problem just goes away. Fine city!!
ultimax

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2002, 23:00:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you think you made a genuine mistake, you can submit an appeal. I think there's a link to do that somewhere on the URA web site (http://www.ura.gov.sg)

A year back a friend put a later day and was summoned. She wrote in to appeal and they asked her to submit a bunch of coupons and cancelled the summon, so it can be done!

evehow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 14 September 2002, 3:41:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

My friend goes to the URA offfice (for URA tickets) and gives the lady at the counter a scolding before paying up!

He says it gets the fine reduced.  I don't know how.  Probably quibble about the rule he got fined under and got it changed to a "cheaper" one or something.

Yes you can appeal and sometimes you can get the fine waived.  For example, if you live in a house and there isn't parking available nearby, and your visitors get fined for parking along the road, they can write in to appeal against the fine.

It's really the whole process of writing the letter and posting it etc.

Sweeties

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 September 2002, 8:48:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hi, you can get all the information from Police Traffice Head Quarter at Jalan Ubi.
That also the place where you converted your driving license.

I get the information booklets there.

Watch up on the road!!

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: