Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 23 April 2014, 22:27:54 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bose lifestyle 48, how is it?  (Read 2365 times)
Alfy

View Profile
« on: 02 March 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

We looked at the bose lifestyle 48 and had the demo at plaza sing. It was a great system but very costly. Over 7k. anyone who uses it and what is ur opinion about the system? Any other good home theatre systems? By the way, can the DVD record?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 02 March 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Chillpill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

I would be sure to test other units from mid to high end audio manufacturers.

I have found Bose to add a lot of artifacts to the music. Everyone is impressed that so much sound comes out of such small enclosures, but in the long run it's the quality of the sound that matters.

I find Bose fatiguing to listen to after an hour or so. Very bright.

As the audiophile snobs say: No highs, no lows, that's Bose!"

I don't necessarily agree, but I do think there are other manufacturers that offer a better-sounding product without the marketing hype of Bose.

It all comes down to whether you personally like the Bose sound, after testing other systems.

I would also add that one reason Bose is so successful is that it scores very high in a very important factor: WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor. The small footprint of its systems means your living room can still look like a living room.

[This message has been edited by Chillpill (edited 04-03-2006).]

gromit
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2006, 13:19:00 PM »

The above poster is spot on.  Would recommend checking out some other sound pro shops first.  A look at some clubs and music shops would give you a clue if you want more professional sound systems.  On the other hand, if aethestics may be the end factor then anything goes?
Alfy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2006, 13:58:00 PM »

Hey thanks guys. I couldn't resist the temptation and bought the unit. Haven't got it delivered yet but hopefully it is good. My fiance went with me to test at plaza sing and she was the one that actually insisted we get lifestyle 48 so i guess it means i gotta work harder!!  

By the way, do u guys know if HD dvd recorders can time record Starhub cable Tv? i am just wondering if you have to be there to turn on the SCV then start recorder or u can be away and just set the time and the SCV will on by it self??

Chillpill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2006, 14:19:00 PM »

Congratulations. I will say reviewers of the Bose on Cnet absolutely love it. Easy to set up and good sound quality.

Alfy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2006, 16:00:00 PM »

But one feature Bose Link is really just another way to make more money from us poor peasants. This feature was supposedly able to wirelessly link the music to all rooms in the house. But i found out for each room you gotta fork out at least another 2k in equipment to get i going.... so no bose link in short term.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: