Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 23 August 2017, 19:50:58 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Singapore Cricket Club  (Read 4160 times)
Roy of the Rovers
« on: 02 July 2003, 22:41:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can anyone tell me how much it is to be a member at the above and what it is like.

I'm looking at playing maybe a little rugby or football and it looks quite nice

axe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2003, 21:35:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Roy,  Yes you are right - it is the best sports club in Singapore for football or rugby.  Cost is about 1000 - 1500 per year for a sports membership,which is a great deal considering what you get, the cheapest beer, best club facilities you will ever experience as rugby player ANYWHERE in the world!!  Come on down Tuesday or Thursday night for training 7PM.
wingyhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2003, 12:41:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

if you want fluffy towels and hand cream join the SCC but if you want serious rugby - champions last year - then there is only 1  team  - Bedok kings - good bunch on and off the pitch  check out www.bedokkings.com  

Its good to be a King .....

Fat Bob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2003, 13:19:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

errrr....Bedok weren't champions last year, Wanderers were. Bedok were Cup winners in 2001 and champions in 2000 and 1999.

However, Bedok do have a really good social life and some great tours to Bali, HK and Phuket. We're pretty serious on tour as well, play hard and party hard, and have got runners up at Bali in 2001, Plate winners in 2000, and semi-finalists in Phuket 2003.

Good mix of people from all coutries, and have plenty of girls in the touch team and players wives and girlfriends joining in the fun.

Still interested? You should be!!

Touch and go
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2003, 13:22:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, I'm very interested in joining the players' wives and girlfriends for some fun. Where do I meet them?
Breezee
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2003, 10:30:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

check out www.scc.org.sg  . I forgot the phone number but you can call MS Sylvia for more information. She is the membership exec. SCC has a good view and relaxing atmosphere. Sports personnel are friendly. Sports events are organised all the time. However i think under sports membership, you cant use some facilities. I cant remember which.
Rawhide

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2003, 11:05:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can definitely recommend SCC - cheapest beer in town and a diverse bunch of members and sports. Caters for all.

------------------
trolling, trolling, trolling - keep that trolling going.....

starter
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2003, 23:03:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

sure cant play the game but like to watch the game regularly
any suggestions

bye
a friend

Jafa
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2003, 14:30:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You should think about joining the Wallabies. I think they are considering all options at this time.
Slim Bob
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2003, 20:48:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The Wanderers is putting out 3 teams this year to cater for all levels of ability and has taken off where it left off last year, winning all games so far (you can ask about that when down at the SCC, they were on the receiving end this weekend).

No facilities, but great crowd of lads and know how to play rugby.  Ask at Harrys for details.

Rawhide

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 August 2003, 10:42:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

@Slim Bob - 'All games' = 2 games. Please post back here after they have played everyone in the league!

------------------

Fat Bob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 04 August 2003, 13:09:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Didn't do too well in the NRC 7's  earlier this year either!!
Soojenn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2017, 23:57:57 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why join the SCC? A recent experience will probably  put anyone off.

They have an extremely rude reception answering calls, as well as poor response from staff on reservations. No courtesy to provide any response on problem feedback on the rudeness of the reception during registration, poor staff response on the reservation, as well as the remark made by the reception during registration that they were making the process of registration difficult for these overseas members at the SCC, in response to their claim that the reciprocal club overseas was doing the same to their members?

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: