Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 24 October 2014, 5:57:02 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: British Bangers, Pork Pies, Scotch Eggs  (Read 1698 times)
Anglophile
« on: 23 January 2003, 17:35:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Really missing these goodies; haven't yet tried the gourmet Cold Storage, can anyone tell me if they stock these, or what they do stock that you can't get anywhere else.  (It's a long hike for me, but I don't mind going if it's going to be worth it).

And where is the best place to buy French smelly cheese?

ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 23 January 2003, 17:35:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PhilM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2003, 18:04:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

A friend of mine imports Harris sausages for Cold Storage etc, you can call him direct on 96665374 to purchase by the box. He no longer imports pork pies or scotch eggs, as these are not allowed in now. There are a couple of other choices for sausages, the Swiss Butchery in Greenwood Avenue sells a good selection, the German Bakery on Upper East Coast Road at Siglap has good German bockwurst, etc.

For good cheese try the Cellar Door or Culina on Bukit Timah road for English or French cheeses, the Swiss Butcher has a good range of Swiss/German cheeses. Finally of course Cold Storage in Sixth Avenue stocks a reasonable range. The only real disappointment is Carrefour where the cheese and sausage selection is pathetic for a French store.

P.S. I suggest you print this off, as none of the outlets mentioned advertise on the board this post is likely to disappear fairly quickly!

T2K

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2003, 18:15:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PhilM - If your post disappears, then there's a big problem here.  On an expat board many new arrivals will ask questions about availability of certain goods and services, and names of businesses will be inevitably be given in reply.  

Deleting them is very counter productive to the purpose of this board, although certainly the owners of the board can do what they like.  And other expat boards may benefit from the results.  I hope that doesn't happen though.

Cassoulet
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2003, 18:17:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Cold Storage at Centrepoint has sausages located in at least 3 places around the store - The deli counter, the meat fridge and the freezer section. The best ones are usually in the meat fridge.

Had anyone found Toulouse sausage?

Yummy
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2003, 18:34:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Big Bens in North Bueona vista (or however it's spelt) they do scrumptious pies, eggs and all sorts.
Sausages, Pete's butchery although does sausages they are no good old englisg bangers there.
Cold store Tanglin do have saxbys and some cumberland and also the harris ones.
Happy huntin.
Cant remeber the no of B/B just have a search in Yellow pages.
Oh yeah baby
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2003, 19:04:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Phoar ! Sebastiens, Greenwood Ave is a new resturant/deli. they have a small selection of amazing cheese. Like the one that you spoon out of the tub, bought a gorgeous 3 year old unpasturised cheddar there last night, expensive, but fabulouso !
British Chow
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2003, 22:23:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Try the Balmoral Inn at Balmoral Road or Foster's for English food. I was told they are the closest to the fare in good old England.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: