Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 21 October 2014, 23:07:13 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Why does an S pass rejected?  (Read 17945 times)
alyn

View Profile
« on: 04 June 2007, 17:06:03 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi. Please give me some advice because I am so sad right now.

My problem is, I was hired last March of this year by a company in sg and my company said that my application has been rejected by MOM. They did make an appeal after it has been rejected and it has been rejected again. My company in sg said that they will make an appeal for the second time. Is there a possibility that my application will be granted this time? or rejected again?

Why does an s pass rejected? I think Im qualified because I have a bachelors degree and 3 years working experience with the job that I applied for.

I just wanted to work in sg to help my family. please give me some advice on this..
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 04 June 2007, 17:06:03 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

dunnno...
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2007, 18:00:04 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Many reasons for rejection - just because you qualified for a job doesn't mean the SG government will automatically let you come here to work. Could be that there are too many foreigners already on payroll at your company (there is a cap), could be that there is something wrong with your paperwork, or that the need can be met locally, or that the job is not an S-pass type job.

You can appeal again, and get rejected again. The possibilities are endless.
Maybe because
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2007, 23:38:20 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

your salary is lower than 1.8K? that's one possibility to get rejected.
alyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2007, 9:24:10 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

no, my salary is 1.8k plus bonuses. Plus, this is the first time that my employer would sponsor a foreigner to work in singapore for their company.
MayB
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2007, 23:05:53 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

like the 2nd poster said, many reasons for rejection. Try to look through your paperwork again, maybe there's some mistakes.. Wish you many good luck. Pray for the process
alyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2007, 10:07:11 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thank you so much, I am so sad right now.. I'm still waiting for the result of the 2nd appeal.
TooCheap
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2007, 13:49:19 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Even a local fresh grad in Singapore gets about 2K to 2.5K, so perhaps 1.8K is just too cheap for the authorities to consider you as "foreign talent".
darren22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2007, 20:07:42 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The government may have upped the quota in 2007 for S pass application.  Last year, you need to have 4 staff on CPF (that is Local Singapore or PR Singaporean staff who are contributing CPF) for employing 1 S pass holder. MOM does make subtle changes to the Employment Pass application criteria and it is hard for local mployers and foreigners to keep up to date.

drunk danes
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2007, 14:57:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

my basis salary is 37000 a month and my first one got rejected as well, was some documentation problem
SHU
« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2009, 17:34:26 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AGAIN AGAIN AS YOU APPEAL, TRY TRY UNTIL U GET IT. MAKE SURE UR COMPANY MENTIONED AS THEY PROMISE YOU. CPF CONTRIBUTION DIFFER FROM INUSTY TO INDUSTRY . SO MAKE SURE ATLEAST 5 LOCALS SHLD BE TERE, DONT LOSE YOUR U WIL GET IT
TooCheapSked
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2009, 21:26:09 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Even a local fresh grad in Singapore gets about 2K to 2.5K, so perhaps 1.8K is just too cheap for the authorities to consider you as "foreign talent".

Because many of singapore company is cheapsked, that's why need those people who work with low pay and holding a $50 levy S pass,so they can save $100 for geylang every month.
Chelkan 87
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2010, 22:22:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hey Guys,

My company has also applied for an S pass for me...My salary is round about 2.5 K, I have a bachelors and a masters degree...although I just graduated, I have 3 internships (one of them being with the company that has hired me) and have worked full time for a period of four months...

My company is a reputed MNC...and this is the second appeal they have filed. I am really worried and anxious as to why my S pass has been rejected. My company HR has informed me, it could be a possibility as to the number of expats coming in this year, and the MOM feels for this kind of post...might as well hire locals...despite my internship/ past affiliation with the company...

Can any one tell me is there a optimistic possibility of my S pass getting passed///
sibarut
« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hey, I'm from Philippines,
I'm a licensed Mechanical Engineer here in our country, with 2.5 years experience as a Piping engineer in a reputable company internationally. I was also rejected by MOM this last sept. 09, 2010, don't know the reasons. Though I took an assessment that I have great chances to pass the said employment pass. The company who hired me in singapore has still no response about the application rejection though they informed me that I was rejected, but still i'm not losing hope I know GOD has plans for me. You know, I waited for this kind of opportunity,I thought this is it, suddenly it just turned out the other way, I hope.. I'm still waiting, praying. Wink

remember that GOD has his own plan for each in everyone of us.

Im sad about it. but still keeping a smile:)
atfc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2010, 22:07:29 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi. Please give me some advice because I am so sad right now.

My problem is, I was hired last March of this year by a company in sg and my company said that my application has been rejected by MOM. They did make an appeal after it has been rejected and it has been rejected again. My company in sg said that they will make an appeal for the second time. Is there a possibility that my application will be granted this time? or rejected again?

Why does an s pass rejected? I think Im qualified because I have a bachelors degree and 3 years working experience with the job that I applied for.

I just wanted to work in sg to help my family. please give me some advice on this..

your qualifications is well above the criteria for sure. the next few factors like the quota of the company, your job quota in the industry, your nationality all these matters. persevere don't give up. Smiley
rony
« Reply #14 on: 22 July 2011, 22:13:19 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hi guys,can u give me some advised,my s-pass already rejected twice,then i am in Singapore right now using tourist pass. my question is can i come to MOM office directly to ask to the officer about my permitt rejection,then maybe bring all the document to doing third time appeal? or maybe u guys can give me some advise what i should i do?
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: