Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 12 December 2017, 20:00:24 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 40th Birthday celebration ideas?  (Read 9153 times)
abelle

View Profile
« on: 16 October 2007, 8:51:47 AM »

Has anyone got any ideas about how to celebrate my 40th at the end of January in Singapore. Did the themed party at home last year and can't face doing it again!

fly away
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2007, 13:14:30 PM »

I'm going away with my family for mine next year.  I'd rather do that than have all the stress of a big party.  I'll probably go out for a meal here with a few friends at some point before or after the sad day  Undecided
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2007, 16:00:25 PM »

Who are you doing this for exactly? It's your birthday, so you get to do whatever you like. There's no need to please anyone but you! I went to see the Taj Mahal for my 40th. Just me and my man. Very very nice.
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2007, 16:16:20 PM »

Let me give you a few more ideas... I'm sure you've spend a couple of thousand on that party last year.
Just google any of them if it's what you fancy:
A couple of days on the Orient Express to Bangkok.
A culture/shopping trip to Sydney or Melbourne
A hiking trip on the south island of New Zealand
Here's a few hotel options that will blow you away, all in gorgeous settings. Well, I think so anyway
Begawan Giri Estate in Bali
Amankora in Paro, Bhutan
Commune by the Great Wall, China
Aman-i-khas, Rajasthan, India
Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur, India
Amanjiwo, Java
Sila Evason Hideaway, Koh Samui
W Seoul-Walkerhill, Korea
Doornberg, Sri Lanka
The Lalu, Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan
and my number 1! The Evason Hideaway in Nha Trang, Vietnam.
Hope you'll see something you like!
Life begins at 40....

alanth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2016, 8:18:32 AM »

Happy birthday in arrears by the way. an open house barbecue wont be out of place. Invite family and friends. 40th birthday celebrations are best in their company. Get 40th birthday invitation wording ideas from this site;
http://www.40thbirthdayinvitations.org/planning-40th-birthday-invitations/   
whoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2016, 11:54:40 AM »

Sometime before or after a sad day, I might go out to dinner with a few friends.

What is the way to change the power Whoo Singapore of the world in the future Snp Singapore
whoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2016, 12:07:02 PM »

Has anyone got any ideas about how to celebrate my 40th at the end of January in Singapore. Did the themed party at home last year and can't face doing it again!

It's your birthday, so you can do whatever you like. There's no need to ask anyone, but you! I went to see my fortieth Taj Mahal.

What is the way to change the power Whoo Singapore of the world in the future Snp Singapore
latasha

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2016, 14:22:24 PM »

You could set up a cheerful "meal." Put together a Power-point  presentation of adolescence pictures set to signature music, or a gathering of video clasps from critical developments. Locate a couple dear companions and relatives to impart interesting stories to the gathering about the visitor of honer. You can likewise set up an extraordinary scrapbook of recollections marked by everybody at the gathering. Cheesy Cheesy
Cambria_7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2016, 18:55:36 PM »

On my sister’s birthday I will decorate her room with her favourite color flowers. I have already placed an online order to BloomThat Flower Delivery which have various types of flowers. I am sure she will be surprised to see that.
Accusantium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2017, 17:24:28 PM »

My family prefer stay at home or go to a cafe, you can make theme party but choose good manager for this day
« Last Edit: 30 July 2017, 11:44:00 AM by LFB » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: