Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 October 2018, 23:08:07 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Negative Pregnancy tests?  (Read 4471 times)
what'sthestory?
« on: 24 March 2008, 17:45:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am 3 days late with my period (we are trying for a baby) and I am getting a negative pregnancy test. I have NEVER ever had a cycle this long. I am now on day 30 and my longest cycle ever has been 27 days. I've done 2 tests and they were both negative. Are these (pee on the stick) tests the real deal when they say they are 99.9% accurate?

What do I do - wait it out or go get a blood test? Last time I was preg I needed a load of progesterone so I am a bit worried that if I am preg, I may need early assistance.

go see the doc
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2008, 18:31:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, go get a test at your doc's place.  I too had neg test results here with the home kits(more than once) and was actually prego.  Wondered if for some reason they react differently with this weather?  Know it wasn't a user error or wouldn't have had the ability to get preg in the first place!
mumof2....
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2008, 18:54:31 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Both times I was pregnant I did the tests & they did not show up positive until I was 7 days late.

The home tests were actually more sensitive than the docs tests as well - the doc actually told me that the chemist urine tests were probably more up to date.  Of course the blood tests confirm everything.

Good luck & hope you are!!!
alicerich86

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2016, 6:29:42 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here is the information about when it's better to take a pregnancy test: http://motherhow.com/pregnancy-test/
LoriRamos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2016, 19:56:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"On the off chance that you think you might be pregnant yet the pregnancy test is negative, there might be a few reasons,"

Better to  go get a test at your doc's place onces.
divyadutta

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2017, 22:05:31 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think the best place is here http://www.pregnancyhealth.net/different-types-of-pregnancy-tests/ where you will get all the information about different types pregnancy test during pregnancy.
Kerrshay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2018, 0:06:15 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would advise that you retest for pregnancy 7 days after your missed period.
Kerrshay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2018, 0:07:44 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, I agree that is why I advised her to retest until after 7 days. Smiley

Both times I was pregnant I did the tests & they did not show up positive until I was 7 days late.

The home tests were actually more sensitive than the docs tests as well - the doc actually told me that the chemist urine tests were probably more up to date.  Of course the blood tests confirm everything.

Good luck & hope you are!!!
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: