Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 30 October 2014, 21:41:53 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wine Fridge Recommendations..  (Read 1767 times)
WineLovers
« on: 27 May 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am looking for a wine fridge for 40-50 bottles, without having to spend a bomb..

I've seen a few but a lot of these appear to be local brands. These may be good, but I just don’t know about them, so unsure of quality and after sales service… The known ones like Liebherr are expensive..

Can anyone share their experience with other brands, make recommenation etc? much appreciate the help…
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 27 May 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

plonk
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2008, 15:17:36 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We bought a Valenti, made in China. When we installed it we noticed the racks were not quite straight (after I'd put all my wine in). We had to pull it out and get a new one. In the two years since, we've had repairmen out 3 times when the sensors broke and it froze up. That said, it is in a corner with little air circulation that probably makes it run hotter than it should. Repairs have always been quick, though. Best advice? Try to find a guy who repairs these things for a living and ask him for recommendations. Transtherm is a very good model but not cheap. If you have the space and are not storing very old vintages, why not just buy an old fridge? It's more versatile and a lot cheaper
Wino
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2008, 15:44:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We bought Vintec.

Good brand, not sure how much we paid as our designer sourced them. 

But what I like about them is they have dual temperature.

This brand I know isn't uber expensive compared to some of the ones out there, but it will be more than the local ones.

WineLovers
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2008, 7:44:11 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

thanks for help  Smiley
Ihaveboth
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2008, 13:42:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We have two at home, a Vintec and a local brand from Carrefour called Farfala. We've had the Farfala for about 5 years now without any problem.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: