Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 17 April 2014, 8:59:11 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Eligibility for Singapore Citizenship  (Read 4341 times)
jamess
« on: 23 October 2008, 16:38:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Does it mean, after 6 years of PR  I'll get Citizenship 100%?
How many chances to get Citizenship for me after 3 years been PR, Caucasian by race, male?

From ICA:  "Person who is at least 21 years of age and has been a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) for at least 2 to 6 years prior to the date of application. Applicant who wishes to apply under his/her own merits may come for a preliminary assessment interview after 1 year of permanent residence. "
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 23 October 2008, 16:38:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2008, 19:17:05 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

No citizenship is not guaranteed. Indeed you would have to give up your current citizenship if you wanted to become a SIN citizen. Some are invited to apply for citizenship and some apply themselves.

I imagine they will use a points system to determine who gets citizenship. This will be based on your value to Singapore eg: Skills, tax paid, salary, educational background, etc.
double standards
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2008, 23:16:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I was invited to apply for citizenship after a year of being PR (oh and I got my PR in even less time). My brother in law who is  married to a local girl has lived here for almost 20 years.  He had trouble even getting his PR a few years ago.

Here's how we compare - you can make your own conclusions here.
I am ethnically Chinese - he's European
I have degrees up the wazoo from Ivy League colleges - he only has a high school degree and is largely self-taught in his profession.
I am a housewife - he runs a successful company that employs locals here and counts Singapore govt as his clients.
riyz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2008, 23:26:53 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am currently encountering a minor criminal case. will my pr status be revoked by singapore govt.?
hope so
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2008, 8:23:39 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am currently encountering a minor criminal case. will my pr status be revoked by singapore govt.?

hope so, lah, no want expat crim here
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: