Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 October 2018, 23:28:58 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Public playgrounds @ Pasir Panjang?  (Read 2992 times)
Searching
« on: 15 September 2009, 10:03:54 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

we live in a small condo at Pasir Panjang Road with just a tiny playground (only a small slide, nothing else) and no garden area to play at. I have not been able to find any public playgrounds on the area. Any place in between Clementi Road and Haw Par Villa is within walking distance but I have not found any.

West Coast Park playground is not within a walking distance for my kids, neither is Clementi Woods Park.

So if you know some nice place to play outside, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

My kids would also love to have friends on the area. They are 2 and 4 years old.

Science Park 2
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2009, 11:16:48 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There is a playground in Science Park II. 

Coming from the Celementi Road direction along Pasir Panjang Rd, if you turn left into Science Park Road (just past the Shell petrol station and the seven eleven), and go a little way up, there are some steps to your left (in the direction of the university's canteen).  Go up those steps and you will see the playground to your right.
Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2009, 13:16:22 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Great! Thank you so much, we shall check it out today :-)
horti park
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2009, 13:39:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

if you can manage a very short bus trip the Horti Park on Alexandra road is fantastic for kids.
Loolall7y
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2009, 16:19:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It has a couple of little playgrounds, one with slides and climb on stuff, mini play gardens, ride on dinosaurs. also a big lawn to run around on - enough to keep my 4 year old happy for a good hour. There's no shade though so early or late in day is the best

Kent ridge
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2009, 17:36:57 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It may be a little far but the Army park at kentridge (go up buona vista) even has a tank and beautiful views. It has a fitness park which you could prrobbaly improvise with to make it a playground!
Ficklepostata
« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2009, 21:26:56 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Actually Kent Ridge does have a playground, it's down the hill from the tank (follow the path down hill, and keep going left as far as you can go. It's surrounded by trees so a bit hard to find. It has a giant pirate ship and swings.
Car?
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2009, 8:22:44 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is there a parking space at Kent Ridge?
Aunty Aunty
« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2009, 9:25:43 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are a few carparks. There is one on Vigilante Drive which is off South Buona Vista. I believe this is the biggest one. There are two smaller ones off Pepys Road which is off Pasir Panjang Road.... drive up the hill. Google for Singapore Kent Ridge Park for more info!

Science Park?
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Science Park II... Went there today to find a tiny playground behind the Aquarius building, surrounded by fences. Do you mean that one? It was a bit difficult to get there since we had to jump over a small water canal. And the park looked deserted, everything was very dusty, rusty and dirty. And it was for very small kids only. I do not feel like going there again.

Then we walked a bit further up and down the stairs and entered NUS dormitory area. There was a nice playground, I wonder if you meant this one? It was a bit longer walk, though. I was just wondering if we really had the permission to play there - but nobody said anything...
Science Park 2
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2009, 11:22:18 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

I am glad you found both although you are correct that only one is in use.  The smaller one, I think, belongs to a creche in the Aquarius building.  The creche looks in use (on ground floor), although not the playground.  (In case you need one, there is also a lady GP on the ground floor of Aquarius who is a Cambridge graduate).

I think the larger playground is meant for use by the residents of the dormitories (kids of the graduate students etc.) but I doubt if anyone would stop other kids using it.  I haven't seen any signs anyway.

BTW, the student canteens are better quality than most food courts and good value.  They are open to all.

All the best.
Ginaibarrientos
« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2017, 15:33:42 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hello can you give me specific directions going to this playground? Were staying in Pasir Panjang inn Smiley i have a 15 month old who would love to play outside
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: