Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 24 July 2014, 9:49:39 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: EP processing time extended to 2 months?  (Read 35776 times)
mine too
« Reply #45 on: 04 February 2010, 14:26:16 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

My P1 pass was approved in less than a week.  Received the In-Principal Approval today  Grin
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« Reply #45 on: 04 February 2010, 14:26:16 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

jalanperak

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 February 2010, 14:49:03 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wonder what are the things in common to take so long for the application: Certain salary range, education background, nationality, years of experience etc?

Potential employer will try to apply for EP but I am so worried that it will not be approved since I do not have a diploma/degree but have over 14 years of work experience and earn over 10K a month, coming from a nearby developed country. Anyone with a similar background can share experience in the application?

If you have any publications - journal papers, book chapters, conference proceedings, etc., be sure to include these. Same if you've held any leadership positions in technical conferences, given tutorials (especially with published tutorial notes), or are active in at professional societies. In the absence of a degree, MOM will look for evidence that you're highly qualified in your field, and things like publications and conference/society leadership can help establish this.
Aasim
« Reply #47 on: 31 March 2010, 14:14:51 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is getting even worst now; I needed to apply for German visa and my current EP expires in June; German embassy needs your EP to be valid for atleast 3 months when you return back to Singapore. I asked my company to apply for renewal and they did so online; usually it is a matter of 1 week at the most; but the same message is appearing on MOM's website 'Pending inputs from vetting agencies. Expected outcome is 2 months from the Date of Application.'

I am an IT professional with about 10+ years of international experience and have already been working in Singapore for about 10 months now.

Why is it taking so long?
shalamazoo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 April 2010, 22:28:01 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Our company did my EP online this morning at 10am and they received the approval by SMS within one hour.
Edwinnn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 April 2010, 15:08:37 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Two monthes...i hv the same case here. 21 days hv past from application date. I'm so worried about this. My qustion is my major dosen't fit my job. They are in different fields. Would this affect my application?
Glad to know some of you get approved answer finially. I wish I could get approval as well. By the way, is there anyone get reply more than one month?
Aasim
« Reply #50 on: 13 April 2010, 0:49:23 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is getting even worst now; I needed to apply for German visa and my current EP expires in June; German embassy needs your EP to be valid for atleast 3 months when you return back to Singapore. I asked my company to apply for renewal and they did so online; usually it is a matter of 1 week at the most; but the same message is appearing on MOM's website 'Pending inputs from vetting agencies. Expected outcome is 2 months from the Date of Application.'

I am an IT professional with about 10+ years of international experience and have already been working in Singapore for about 10 months now.

Why is it taking so long?

Well luckily, my HR lady asked them the reason that why is it taking so long? So they said 2 months is an estimated time and usually it is between 2-3 working weeks, and I got my renewal approved after 8 working days I believe. It has something to do with Race, Nationality, Experience and a lots of other factors. I know a few guys who's renewal was rejected and they were sent back home. I know at least 2 nationalities.

Anyhow, I'll be going soon to MoM for fingerprints etc. Let's see.
nate76
« Reply #51 on: 21 September 2010, 22:02:53 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi all,

Reading all the posts makes me worry and confidence at the same time.
My EP was submitted online by the new company on 11 August 2010, rejected on 18 August 2010, appeal on 19 August 2010, then yesterday got an answer that MOM is checking with some vetting agencies and it will take 2 months before they revert to the HR VP. By today the application itself already taking more than 1 month.

I come from Indonesia and the company already submit a letter to MOM that they need to employ Indonesian because most the projects are in Indonesia and the employee have to be fluent in Indonesia language to take care all the projects.

Any advice on what should I do?
Should I go down to MOM Office?

Thanks all...
Mark Jon
« Reply #52 on: 22 September 2010, 14:47:19 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi all,

Reading all the posts makes me worry and confidence at the same time.
My EP was submitted online by the new company on 11 August 2010, rejected on 18 August 2010, appeal on 19 August 2010, then yesterday got an answer that MOM is checking with some vetting agencies and it will take 2 months before they revert to the HR VP. By today the application itself already taking more than 1 month.

I come from Indonesia and the company already submit a letter to MOM that they need to employ Indonesian because most the projects are in Indonesia and the employee have to be fluent in Indonesia language to take care all the projects.

Any advice on what should I do?
Should I go down to MOM Office?

Thanks all...

Hi,

I'm also got status "Pending input from vetting agencies... ". My agent were submit it online on 15 September 2010, so it's already a week. My application got pending on 16 September 2010, but I've already got FIN number. Does each application given the number FIN although ultimately rejected? My friend said that the chances being approved is good since it's already assigned FIN number.

Do your application being rejected after given FIN number?

Is anyone experiencing a "pending input from vetting agencies" and rejected its application recently?

Thank you for the information.  Smiley
farooq
« Reply #53 on: 10 December 2010, 17:36:37 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What is the difference on the EP Application status when is says "Pending input from vetting agencies" and then when it changes to just "PENDING" after a week, does anyone come across this?
Paul58
« Reply #54 on: 13 December 2010, 11:00:18 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have just experienced this message with one applicant (Indonesian) who has a degree from a major Aussie Uni, over 10 years experience (IT - SAP) and earns far more than minimum Salary requirements. We submit all our applicants online and all have taken less than 7 business days for outcome with the last one taking under 1hr to get approval! Not sure if it related to country one is a citizen of?
boopathiraj
« Reply #55 on: 27 May 2011, 13:58:08 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

my new employer applied a S pass on 24.5.2011.and I am also having a  s pass  in current company.
But now my status is pending...Inthat shows "pending inputs from pending agency.expected outcome is 2 months from the date of application".

How long time it will take to approve...I did digree in Anna universitr,chennai,india.

please send me the detyails as you know..i amm very about this...
Kitty1108
« Reply #56 on: 12 August 2011, 22:16:47 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

@boopathiraj: is your EP already approved? If yes, how long does it take before it was approved? Got the same issue here and it is already pending for 2 weeks now.

Please advise if anyone was denied after getting this message "pending vetting input from agencies".

Thanks!
Much
« Reply #57 on: 13 August 2011, 9:37:46 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Experiencing the same issue :s

Been working in singapore for 2 yrs with an E-pass. Expiring on 6th August 2011. My HR applied for extension online but was informed that I"ll have to wait for 2 months with regards to the vetting agencies :s

I have been overstaying for a week and only today my HR give me a letter to bring to MOM to validate my overstay until the E-pass is renewed :s
Kitty1108
« Reply #58 on: 13 August 2011, 14:01:05 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Experiencing the same issue :s

Been working in singapore for 2 yrs with an E-pass. Expiring on 6th August 2011. My HR applied for extension online but was informed that I"ll have to wait for 2 months with regards to the vetting agencies :s

I have been overstaying for a week and only today my HR give me a letter to bring to MOM to validate my overstay until the E-pass is renewed :s
Please keep us posted here if your EP renewal got approved. Lucky you, your HR can depend you for staying here in Singapore while waiting for the result.

For how long have you been waiting for your EP renewal? Mine is pending for 22 days from the date of application. I just checked it online and got the same message. Sad
wimehraz
« Reply #59 on: 24 August 2011, 14:26:32 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi ,

application date : 15/8/2011 but now status says

Pending inputs from vetting agencies. Expected outcome is 2 months from the Date of Application.

actually what is the rule?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: