Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 October 2018, 22:51:10 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kindergarten - local or Intl ?  (Read 23424 times)
Greta Fisher

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 17 November 2016, 20:27:50 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

International School is the best option for expats. That way, in case, there is a need to go back to one's home country, it will be easier to adjust on the part of the kids.

MichH
« Reply #31 on: 09 December 2016, 15:15:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

i would say international school. My children go to a great school UWC. Great teachers, curriculum too.

But I would also advice that you be careful to choose a good international school because there are some schools which may look good but not really if you know what i mean.

feedback- avoid White lodge and pat school (They call themselves international school but nothing about them or the way they run the school or class is international.)

Hello, thank you for giving White Lodge a mention, it allows me a golden opportunity to present a little clarity here. White Lodge identifies itself as a Kindergarten ( 6 sites) or a School of the Arts ( 2 sites). Our community of families is extremely diverse, and geographically represents 80% of the globe, this truly indicates the international climate of our families, and for our families as they build relationships with one another. We value play and also deliver an educational framework that prepares children for school readiness whether it be in a local system or an international school. If you would like to learn more about White Lodge please do not hesitate to approach me. Best Wishes
MichH
« Reply #32 on: 09 December 2016, 15:21:16 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

International school please!!1

i believe that spoken English is bad in the local schools(maybe not all) and in some international schools too (I remember walking into a classroom @ white lodge, the children and worst of all the teachers were speaking in bad English!!) poor children

So choose carefully!

Yes i agree. went to white lodge spoken language was not good by some teachers.

Hi There

I am so sorry to read of your experience at White Lodge but am grateful for an opportunity to follow up your concern here. As the head of Schools at White Lodge I take your points of view seriously and have addressed this matter in house. I hope you found an educational provision which suited your values and beliefs and can only apologise that we did not present ourselves in the manner that is expected of our employees. Best Wishes
MichH
« Reply #33 on: 09 December 2016, 15:38:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

As I posted on the other thread: I think White Lodge is somewhere in between local and international school. Both in prices and the way they teach. For me it is ok.

Hello there

Thank you for your feedback, it is most welcome. Balancing the needs and preferences of so many families in all education settings, not just White Lodge, has its challenges and we are realistic in embracing the ethos that we are unable to meet the expectations of all of our families all of the time. However, the way forward is always for parents to share their concerns with someone like myself, Head of Schools, for White Lodge who plays an impartial role in listening to the voices of parents and tailoring solutions that appease individual families. Best Wishes
« Last Edit: 09 December 2016, 15:49:45 PM by MichH » Logged
MichH
« Reply #34 on: 09 December 2016, 15:46:41 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I found some teachers are very rude. I had bad experience with teacher of kindergarten class. I found the cases of pinching and dragging. When I reported they refused to accept and I told whole scenario then they accepted.since then out nightmare start.  But,when we thought to leave school they wrote bad remark.

Hello there

I am extremely sorry to read that you and your child have both experienced this at White Lodge. As Head of Schools for White Lodge I take your comments very seriously and am currently investigating this matter. I wish you had had an opportunity to reach out to me at the time of the incident as this is the first time I am hearing about this and I could have supported you in managing this at the time. If you would like to reach out to me please do not hesitate to contact me [email protected]    Best Wishes
« Last Edit: 09 December 2016, 15:48:36 PM by MichH » Logged
MichH
« Reply #35 on: 09 December 2016, 17:21:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I found some teachers are very rude. I had bad experience with teacher of kindergarten class. I found the cases of pinching and dragging. When I reported they refused to accept and I told whole scenario then they accepted.since then out nightmare start.  But,when we thought to leave school they wrote bad remark.

Hello there

I am extremely sorry to read that you and your child have both experienced this at White Lodge. As Head of Schools for White Lodge I take your comments very seriously and am currently investigating this matter. I wish you had had an opportunity to reach out to me at the time of the incident as this is the first time I am hearing about this and I could have supported you in managing this at the time. If you would like to reach out to me please do not hesitate to contact me [email protected]    Best Wishes

Hello Sagrika

I have identified the location of where and when this concern was raised and understand that this matter was managed by the principal in August 2015, approximately 16 months previously. We are reassured by the camera surveillance which allows the advantage of monitoring the history of movements in all of our classes and environments, and protects your children's best interest. We wish you and your family well moving forward.
pickframe1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 11 December 2016, 15:17:01 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am also having the same question, Now i got an idea. Thanks...

gigi932

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 December 2016, 22:50:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Anyone have experience in Montessori?
Alessandra
« Reply #38 on: 07 February 2017, 12:31:46 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Then all white lodges seem to be the same in term of teacher turnover and joining kids of different age in the same class.
I experienced this with my son who was not moved up with his peers because they said he was not ready. Since he joined I have lost count of how many teachers and principals have changed in upper east coast. I'm not happy with them and I would like to move him to a different school that doesn't cost an arm and a leg possibly.
Alex.A
« Reply #39 on: 16 July 2017, 20:41:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi all, I was thinking of sending my 3 year old daughter to White Lodge Phoenix Park? Does anybody have any reviews on how the class and school is? I went down for a visit and am impressed by the facilities (except for the fact they only seem to have 4 toilets for all the children there)...However before enrolling my child there I'd like to hear from other parents!
Sonia Singh

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 December 2017, 16:51:27 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hello Everyone

We are moving to Singapore early next year and my baby is turning 4. We are Indians and our prime concern is where to send our kid for education. Please advise a good, affordable kindergarten or School.
Sue A
« Reply #41 on: 15 January 2018, 23:27:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Try Lorna Whiston Preschools - there is one in the west that is a gorgeous colonial building surrounded by greenery (pretty unique for here) and another newer one towards the east somewhere
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: