Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 20 August 2014, 12:49:44 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: JTC and SHiFT  (Read 2403 times)
JTC
« on: 04 August 2001, 13:11:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We came to know of a scheme for housing foreign talents called SHiFT from JTC. (Jurong Town Council). These are unfurnished accomodation for long term lease at affordable prices. Does any one have first hand experience of this scheme?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 04 August 2001, 13:11:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

yeh
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2001, 14:08:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I also want to know
bunnychow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2001, 17:35:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I had some colleagues who went with the JTC SHIFT scheme and it was pretty costly.  They give you a bare flat in some cases the floors and walls are not even finished, completely unfurnished with no air cons.  That means you have to buy all the furniture and the appliances (ie stove and fridges) on your own.  When you leave you are expected to remove all this stuff too including the air cons, which can be costly and burdensome, esp if you are leaving in a hurry.  

My advice is to rent fully or partially furnished flats and stay away from JTC SHIFT as the set up costs are high.  

Look First
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2001, 22:12:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The propaganda from Contact Singapore showed the SHiFT HDB's as being very neat & comfortable.

Well as with many things, reality did not line up with advertising. I looked at 5 HDB apartments and found them all lacking. When they say that the HDB is empty them mean EMPTY! (No appliances, no closets, no blinds, no counters.) The decore consisted of walls painted a lovely battleship grey.

Despite deciding that an HDB was not for me I must say that the staff at JTC were excellent. They advised which neigbourhoods were convenient for and and indulged me by showing the 5 units (even driving me to them)

If you are on a tight budget a HDB sure beats commuting from JB. All I am saying is have a look before signing on the dotted line.

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: