Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 12 December 2017, 2:58:55 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: The dating scene for expat women  (Read 202228 times)
woman to Aphro
« Reply #180 on: 03 March 2010, 12:35:01 PM »

You should go home because after all the discussion, that's simply the reality on the ground, for whatever reason, fair or otherwise.

Spore is a small island, so numbers-wise, you're already limited. Then examine the choices you have among the resident population: locals and foreigners. There will be a v, v few local men who would fit your criteria. And among those select few, even fewer would prefer to date a woman of European descent. That's a fact and there's no point arguing why and if it's fair. Generally Asian men aren't attracted to European/Caucasian men in the same proportions as the reverse; and even among Asian women, those who *only* want to date a Cau are a minority and among those who do, many simply did out of circumstances, rather than deliberate choice to prefer one race over another.

So you are left with the foreign population. Immediately you are at a disadvantage with your fellow Cau/Euro as these men must be adventurous by nature to be willing to uproot and move to the other end of the world. Why would they want to go to a new country, only to date the familiar at home? They'd be more inclined to want to try new food, new experiences, travel to new places etc and that etc includes dating women they wouldn't have dated back home, i.e. you, even though having said that, you're still not "common" back home.

Eventually though, like all foreigners, these fellow expats will tire of the new and novel and will seek the familiar, maybe with a twist. So I've seen over the years on this website foreign men complaining that local Chinese women have no curves and suddenly you may become more appealing. They may crave the familiar women with familiar habits and preferences, although now that they themselves have been "exposed", they're not exactly any longer interested in their childhood sweetheart or some village girl back home anymore. Again, you will have an advantage.

But again, this pool of men who will more appreciate your qualities will be limited here compared to a larger city.

I don't know about Asian expats, those fm the West or fm Asia, if they're any easier for you to date. Those I've met tend to already be married and that was to a fellow Asian, either born in the West too or here.

Yet, finding the right spouse isn't purely a numbers game. Although until you do nail Mr Right, you'd want a decent range of men to date in the meantime. And so you go back to the earlier limitations all over again.

So after all is said and done, go home. Don't forget though, that the kind of men you'd be interested in are also busy execs who spend half the time in the air travelling for business. And these men have no time to date women, wherever they're based. Try a dating agency?

Familar problem
« Reply #181 on: 03 March 2010, 12:47:43 PM »

The OP's complaint is a rehash of the age old complaints of women in their thirties (or older) that all the nice men are either gay or already married. 
Certainly, most of the mid-upper career male execs here are already married and the younger, thrusting(ahem) bankers and traders are too too busy [email protected] their way through the exotic variety of females throwing themselves at them (indeed when they are not busy at work).

So, Ms. Aphrodite, it is not so much a case of adapt or die but one of adapt or leave, although I would adapt if I were you as the market back home will not be so wide for somebody of your egotism and materialism.
Hermaphrodite
« Reply #182 on: 03 March 2010, 13:30:00 PM »

Generally Asian men aren't attracted to European/Caucasian men in the same proportions as the reverse...

Thank goodness for that. I know Asian men are quite liberal, but I do hope the majority of the Asian men are not attracted to European/Caucasian men. Ah, men!!!
Genes
« Reply #183 on: 03 March 2010, 14:01:32 PM »

What would change if aphrodite returns to her roots? There aren't lots of blokes who can afford the business class travel and champagne brunch lifestyle even back home. I also doubt the men would value her as highly as she obviously thinks of herself. Maybe it's just nature's way of letting her genes die out so such unpleasantness doesn't replicate.
Gene genie
« Reply #184 on: 04 March 2010, 4:57:55 AM »

Let's be fair to the OP. I don't see any point where she indicates she thinks highly of herself. Certainly no more than any other single expat man or woman.
jalanperak

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 04 March 2010, 7:09:03 AM »

Let's be fair to the OP. I don't see any point where she indicates she thinks highly of herself. Certainly no more than any other single expat man or woman.

Um, did you read this post by the OP?:

"I've worked hard to get where I am, I am fit and beautiful - and this is the considered opinion of many women and men. I've worked hard to get this body and brain into shape. "

I'd say that goes a bit beyond just healthy self-esteem.
NPD
« Reply #186 on: 04 March 2010, 8:35:47 AM »

Are you kidding? Have you read how she denigrates other expat men for not being good enough for her? And the local girls whom she thinks she's superior to even if they get more dates than she does? She thinks she's perfect and there's nothing she needs to change about herself- it is everyone else who needs to change themselves to suit her.

This woman has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which is defined as:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
has a grandiose sense of self-importance
is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
requires excessive admiration
has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
The OP is ....
« Reply #187 on: 04 March 2010, 12:48:58 PM »

definately SPGO1!!  Same syntax, same type of arguments and same sorts of abuse to those who disagree with her.  Still single SPGO1?
hohohohoho
« Reply #188 on: 04 March 2010, 13:30:44 PM »

"Definately"? Have you graduated from kindergarten yet?
good point
« Reply #189 on: 04 March 2010, 18:03:57 PM »

definately SPGO1!!  Same syntax, same type of arguments and same sorts of abuse to those who disagree with her.  Still single SPGO1?

What a good point. For all her disdain of SPGs, OP is no better than they are in her materialism and shallowness.
Aphrodite
« Reply #190 on: 04 March 2010, 23:19:16 PM »

Dear PP. Unlike you, I have the courage of my convictions to use my own nick. Who the hell is SPGO1? Huh
jalanperak

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 05 March 2010, 7:02:05 AM »

Dear PP. Unlike you, I have the courage of my convictions to use my own nick. Who the hell is SPGO1? Huh

Not really. An unregistered "nick" could be anyone.
sigh...
« Reply #192 on: 05 March 2010, 9:19:32 AM »

Aphrodite, you've just proven you've overestimated your own intelligence. You may be like an SPG but you're not one because you can't very well disdain yourself, right?
All this bitterness
« Reply #193 on: 05 March 2010, 10:09:56 AM »

OP please go get laid this weekend.  Your bitterness is palpable and tangible. Being sex starved has obviously not been good for your mental state.  Deal with it.
jalanipoh
« Reply #194 on: 05 March 2010, 11:21:59 AM »

Not really. An unregistered "nick" could be anyone.

And a registered "nick" can also be anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: