Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 October 2018, 22:29:00 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy chilli/lemon grass/ginger plants?  (Read 12319 times)
bagel
« on: 06 May 2010, 13:30:27 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hello, does anyone know where I can buy chilli/lemon grass/ginger plants?  Preferably close to Harbourfront.  There is a nursery nearby, but it only sells decorative plants.  Thanks,

Thompson Road
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2010, 14:29:39 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is the only place I know of, though I have not seen ginger plants.  There is also a garden shop on Queensway near the MacDonalds that may have sme though have never actually looked there.
fritjes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2010, 17:31:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

No need to buy ginger plants - just stick a piece of ginger from the supermkt and it'll grow easily.

Unless you're asking about specific flowering ginger/rhizome plants.
Queensway
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2010, 18:03:37 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is the only place I know of, though I have not seen ginger plants.  There is also a garden shop on Queensway near the MacDonalds that may have sme though have never actually looked there.

This shop is a large branch of the Far East Flora florist/garden centre. I've bought herbs there before but haven't seen the ones you mention. You may be able to get seeds...?
ThaiThai
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2010, 22:37:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

lemongrass will germinate in the same way as ginger.  Buy some from the local wet market, make sure it has a little root and stick it in sand or fine soil.
My biggest problem with lemongrass is that my cat loves to eat it so continually have to grow new plants.

Chili plants at Far East etc. are a bit hit and miss as they seem to be more decorative than edible.  You might want to try Golden Mile - they may know where to get a good chilli padi plant.  But Far East does have a sale on at the moment.  I think that it is selling 2 herb plants (mint basil thyme etc) for $8

Nothing like your own herbs.
DIY gardener
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2010, 0:59:09 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

you can easily grow chili from seed too - plant a chili pepper and leave it to rot in the soil.  I've had quite a few chili plants which I haven't picked in time and the peppers have fallen into the soil and a new plant has grown quite quickly from that. 

I did buy one from a garden centre and the chilis were very mild so if you plant a pepper that you've bought for cooking with at least you'll know it's going to be worth harvesting.
azrul
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2016, 9:52:51 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am looking for lemongrass wholesale seller. I will supply consistent every 3 weeks.wssap me +60177779081
DavidTrork

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2018, 20:36:26 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

I'm looking for a place where I could buy any kind of cheese .

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: