Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 19 June 2018, 1:23:29 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I buy a sandwich maker?  (Read 10665 times)
Sandwich Maker
« on: 09 May 2010, 23:32:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The type where you put a sandwich and close the lid, and the heat warms it up and presses a design onto the outside of the sanwich.

I've been to Giant, Challenger, Cash converters and a few auntie/uncle shops. I've seen them in the past, but I can't find any now.

Can anyone help me?

(I hope my description is accurate enough!)

easy
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2010, 5:13:57 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Got one to replace an old Philips which had succumbed to old age in Best Denki. Also seen them in Harvey Norman. Parisilk in HV likely have some too. Takes 2 sandwiches (4 slices of bread) and presses into 4 triangles.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2010, 5:42:45 AM by BoardManager » Logged
department stores
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2010, 7:33:04 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We got ours in Takashimaya. Apart from the PP's suggestions you could also try Tangs, Courts, Metro, Audio House, etc.
bellygood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2010, 10:35:47 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can't help with where to buy it but just to let you know we 'traded up' recently to what's called a 'panini press' here in Oz. It's two flat plates that press down, and fits four sandwiches maximum (two top, two bottom). You get a really flattened out 'cafe style' toasted sandwich instead of the old school 'two triangle pillows' style one. They are about AUD 40-80 (not that it helps you in Singapore). I think old school style is better for 'wet' fillings like baked beans, but the panini press style is great in that you can use different types of bread in it eg wraps, quesadillas or whatever. A bit more versatile.
sarnie
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2010, 12:18:20 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've seen those sandwich makers in loads of shops from Giant, Carrefour and Mustafa to Courts, Best Denki and Hardly Normal - they don't usually do many brands though, sometimes there's only one style you can get.

I used to have one of them and didn't think much to it (you had to butter the outside of the bread so it didn't stick!).  The panini press sounds better, I might have a look out for one of those next time I'm in Oz.
shweta

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2016, 15:59:41 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are many sources from where you get detailed reviews and comparisons about sandwich makers. If you are planning to get one you definitely should do a little research. There are many good resourceful sites from where you can collect a lot of information like:

http://bestforyourhome.co.in/
NatalieHunt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2016, 19:55:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Even you can buy from amazon also.
kitchenraja

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2016, 16:49:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

you can buy sandwich maker anywhere, like all major sites target amazon ebay sells sandwich maker, but its good buy it from good source. First try to find best sandwich maker ( http://kitchenraja.net/best-sandwich-maker-india/ Recommended) where you can even find comparison table to find the best toaster cum sandwich maker. Hope this will help you to buy good sandwich maker.
bikenguide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2018, 21:29:47 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I just bought sandwich maker from ebay and its working pretty fine. You can try that as well.

<a href="https://bikenguide.net/">Bike n Guide Blogger</a>
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: