Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 23 August 2014, 13:30:29 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Husband Cheating Again  (Read 39118 times)
new start
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2010, 21:34:32 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, think of how humiliating it will be.

Oh wait, I think she's been humiliated already. So don't think she's supposed to take this lying down and suffer in silence.

Depends on what she does.

Email the boss ? Why ? It's none of his business.

Email the husband and family ? Why ? To bust up the other family as well as her own ? Now that's mature.

Email the employer and clients ? Why ? It's none of their business either.

And what's with the "homebreaker" bullsh!t. It's takes two you know (or did last time I did it).

No one said suffer in silence and by all means get square. Just be mature about it. The previous suggestions reek of teenage girl behaviour.

It says in the first post that the husband of the woman involved has already left her and that she got fired from her job, so emailing bosses and husbands and all that would be fruitless.

As for the OP keeping out of it - I reckon that 9 times out of 10, when a person says 'my friend', they're actually talking about themselves, so I wouldn't be surprised if the OP was the wife in question.

However, I still say ditch him.  You'll never trust him 100% again.
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2010, 21:34:32 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

heshould
« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2010, 21:43:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is his wife a large expat woman? If so I would say he should be free to continue cheating
Bloka
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2010, 21:58:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is his wife a large expat woman? If so I would say he should be free to continue cheating

Here we go again. Regular as clockwork.
Wife is bad for everyone
« Reply #18 on: 12 September 2010, 22:06:50 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think you will find that the now accepted research shows that cheating has very little to do with the behaviour of the spouse that is cheated on.   It is a pathology that belongs to the cheater 100%.  The husband is an ass!
I just did a search of the research and found lots of conflicting conclusions, possibly manifesting the bias of the researchers.

I just know that among people I know, those who are faithful to their spouses believe that the spouse if making an effort to satisfy him or her, while those who have relationships on the side believe that their spouses are not making an effort to satisfy him or her.  Whether those beliefs reflect the actual behavior of the spouse or are just rationalizations is unknowable.

I agree with the other posters that the behavior of the wife in getting the other woman fired and destroying her family is inexcusable.
jokerz
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2010, 6:54:46 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Most companies have policies against office affairs, and its the top reason why CEOs are forced to leave their companies. Grow up!
ohyes
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2010, 12:13:06 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

he will have other squeakies on the go...
intanglin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2010, 12:17:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Seems a windup as the local husband could have gone to the authorities and had the cheating husband thrown out of the country.
Apparently, they act quite quickly on such cases and cancel the EP.
Info please!
« Reply #22 on: 13 September 2010, 12:45:56 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Seems a windup as the local husband could have gone to the authorities and had the cheating husband thrown out of the country.

Intanglin could you provide further information about this please?  I doubt you would post this information on the basis of hearsay.
Intanglinnotsigned in
« Reply #23 on: 13 September 2010, 13:13:41 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

To PP: I know the case of one of my Singaporean colleagues whose brother had an affair with a foreign woman and the wife who complained.  The mistress was summoned to MOM and her EP summarily cancelled. 
Now that
« Reply #24 on: 13 September 2010, 13:28:39 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

is complete and utter bullsh!t.
jokerz
« Reply #25 on: 13 September 2010, 23:06:04 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I heard you can go to the Ministry if Affairs (ha!) and get the homewrecker's citizenship revoked.
BoltonWonderer
« Reply #26 on: 13 September 2010, 23:40:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi, my best friend recently caught her husband having an affair with one of his direct subordinate in his office.  She's local, married and burning with social ambition. Of course her husband left her once he found out.

My friend went to their office to confront the girl.  It became very public and the girl got fired ("resigned to pursue other interests",, whatever).  The husband still has his job, but not sure for how long.  The husband said he wants to work things out with the wife, but recently we found out that he was still seeing that girl.

WHat should she do?

Well if "of course" her husband left her (the one with the ambition), then presumable "of course" she (the wronged wife) should leave him

What is "burning social ambition" anyway, and what has it got to do with anything? As pointed out, it takes 2 to tango.
hilarious
« Reply #27 on: 14 September 2010, 7:26:54 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

To PP: I know the case of one of my Singaporean colleagues whose brother had an affair with a foreign woman and the wife who complained.  The mistress was summoned to MOM and her EP summarily cancelled. 

Suppose this story was actually true, which I highly doubt, I think you'll find it was a maid that the guy slept with and her work permit was cancelled, not her EP. I do absolutely believe that a local woman would report a maid to the authorities for sleeping with her husband (who she would stay with anyway...)
To OP
« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2010, 17:32:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sounds like a story I heard - is the husband working in a french bank ?
sounds more like
« Reply #29 on: 14 September 2010, 18:58:46 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

one working in an Executive Search firm with a mini cooper
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: