Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 24 July 2014, 20:17:55 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which laundry soap is best for front loading machine?  (Read 4945 times)
washer
« on: 27 September 2010, 13:01:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

New to the front loading machine - any recommendations on which detergent is best and which ones to stay away from?

Is it true you shouldn't use detergents made for top loading or is it just a marketing ploy?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 27 September 2010, 13:01:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

sudsy
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2010, 13:54:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is it true you shouldn't use detergents made for top loading or is it just a marketing ploy?

oooh, not sure about that, but I use Attack for my front loader  - can it be used for a front loader versus a top loader?  I'm afraid I haven't got a clue as I've never read the pack and didn't know there was a difference!   Wink

I used to use Persil but again not sure if it's for front loaders or top loaders.
Washing machine repaired
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2010, 14:44:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Had no idea there was a difference UNTIL I had the machine repaired and the repairman asked which to use. For ours, front load-low suds is better. It is labeled on the bottle/ box
try this
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2010, 15:49:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

just use half the usual detergent amount you'd use for a top loader.

also, do not add the whole lot in at once. dole it out.
add, wait for water flow to mix. keep adding detergent continuously to water until your measured scoop runs out.

used only powdered Persil (more exy) beofre .... but have since switched to normal liquid detergents. no problems.

eazypeazy
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2010, 20:13:27 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Definitely use a low suds powder, tablet or liquid for front loaders. They use much less water than a top loader and function in a different way - your machine will struggle to rinse out the very sudsy stuff used for top loaders and will burn out your machine quicker. Persil, ariel, big red bottle, big blue bottle  - can't remember all the brands but they will either show a picture of a front loader or say low suds. Also singapore water is not hard, so use the minimum soft water measurements for soap.
Washer
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2010, 20:39:36 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for your replies!
P Persil Picked A Pepper
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2010, 4:32:09 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Persil, my dear OP, is the answer. Works well enough. Not as good as the products available back home, but then the average filipino maid is not going to complain, is she?
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: