Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 17 April 2014, 23:54:19 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Income Tax Notice of Assessment Reference Number?  (Read 2392 times)
chelle_law

View Profile
« on: 03 November 2010, 9:56:41 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry to have to post this here, but I have tried calling the MOM to no avail.  No one will answer my questions.  I am just trying to fill out the Work Permit Application for a Foreign Domestic Worker.  It asks for my husbands Income Tax Notice of Assessment Reference Number, since we have not been in Singapore long enough for a tax cycle we are not sure what this is.  My husband has talked with his HR office and for some reason they don't know either (which baffles me because they employ not local and expats in their office).  I know we are not the only ones in his entire office who are going to employ a FDW so I'm sure they have done this before.  Does anyone know where I can find out what this tax number is?  Could it be as simple as just the FIN? 
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 03 November 2010, 9:56:41 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Correct
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2010, 10:06:51 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, it's the FIN number.
chelle_law

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

OK, thanks!  I had a feeling it was something so simple but couldn't get anyone to verify for me. 
Thanks again!!
no problem
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2010, 21:12:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Write a covering letter saying you've only been here x months and haven't paid tax yet - you pay tax in arrears at the end of the tax year here so no PAYE type documentation or Notice of Assessment yet. It's a common situation and they will ask you to send it later when you've been here longer and had one issued.
jhunv
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This really helps me alot. I was stuck in the form trying to figure out what it is...

Thank you very much! GODBLESS US...
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: