Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 22 November 2017, 13:23:42 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: HIV test  (Read 3775 times)
BaByBoY
« on: 27 February 2001, 19:19:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where can one go for a confidential HIV test?
How much do they cost?

Paul N
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2001, 14:43:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Go to any local clinic.  They cost $50.  I had to get one done for my DP, but the charge  will be the same.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...April is just too far away and this person needs an answer and none of you were forth-coming.

disease free
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2001, 15:13:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any GP can do this for you, after all it's just a blood test so it's sent to a lab. If you've tested positive tho, I'm sure the health authorities will be alerted, there's no way around that
SteveW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2001, 17:37:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You may find www.afa.org.sg  useful.
Chichi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2001, 5:10:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Paul, you've been a very bad boy..... lol....  
Angel#1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2001, 17:37:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any of the clinical laboratories can do it.  but it is true that it is a reportable disease (just like most European countries, the US and Aus) and so the authorities would be told if it were positive.  you would then be deported (I presume here that you are not local).

why not go to a neighbouring country and get it done there?  somewhere less scrupulous about their reporting?  or somewhere you don't care never going back to if it is positive!

i know in Russia it is a common test and there are international clinics there which could do it for you for 100 USD  (AEA clinic for example)  not that Russia is near, but you know!

Just one thing.  if you do get a test, no matter the result, don't EVER declare that you voluntarily had a HIV test - not on any official doc and not on any financial applications.  even if negative you are likely to be turned down for loans, credit cards, life insurance etc. and it will be noted and follow you with oyur credit record.

best of luck, it must be nerve-wracking

BaByBoY
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2001, 19:55:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the info...
It's not that I'm think I have HIV....I'm gay, and I do believe it is everyone's responisbility to have an HIV test done every six months to a year if one is sexually active.
I have been doing the tests for the last 7 years and its about the time of year for me to do it again...I guess I can just go to Malaysia or Thailand for it.
Bodger
« Reply #7 on: 02 March 2001, 15:40:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There's no need to go abroad. Action for Aids Singapore do anonymous tests, at Tanglin on Wednesdays and somewhere else on Saturdays. Check their web site (given above) for details and give them a call.
or....
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2001, 18:26:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Go to a policlinic and register under a false name.  
evehow
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2001, 22:17:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't think that's possible.... Polyclinics require you to show identification.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: