Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 October 2018, 22:29:12 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: pitted olives  (Read 11644 times)
where oh where
« on: 19 January 2011, 20:12:24 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where can I get pitted olives from.  I've looked at cold storage in bugis and centrepoint and they've only got stuffed ones or non - pitted ones.

thanks

I buy
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2011, 8:30:42 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I get them from CS, Giant, Carrefour or NTUC - it just depends who's got stock.  I usually buy S&W as they're the cheapest - they're in a tin without oil (in brine I think).

They disappear from the shelves for ages sometimes and often you can only get the whole ones, so if you see them in stock, best to buy a few tins to stock up.
Me too
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I buy jars of the greek Kalamata (sp) ones.  The jar of pitted is almost identical to the non-pitted so read the label carefully.  If you are after the deli ones, aren't the smaller mixed colour ones with chilli and herbs pitted?  (I could be wrong, but I thought they were.)
Cold Storage
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2011, 12:19:33 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

CS at Holland Village has pitted kalamatas (fresh, not tinned) - I just bought some there a few days ago. I'm sure I've also bought them at CS Paragon and CS Tanglin Mall in the past.
where oh where
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2011, 19:22:40 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

thanks.. will try to look out for the S&W ones,  They're for my 20 month old son who loves the green ones.  So not looking for coloured ones.  And musnt' have chillies in them!
Me too
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2011, 21:44:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Oh dear.  The Kalamata (black) are very very salty and probably not to be recommended for such a young child.  You could try pitting your own. Very easily done with the extra 'bit' on a traditional garlic crusher! (Does fresh cherries as well.)
Derp
« Reply #6 on: 15 December 2011, 5:09:28 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I get my olives from Jasons in the basement of Raffles City at the deli counter, they have range of pitted and stuffed.
Greek kouzina
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2016, 19:59:49 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

For a big variety of stuffed Green Olives, buy from greek-kouzina.com
Our Olives are huge, stuffed with :
Jalapeno, Almond, Garlic, Lemon, Orange, Piri Piri,.
Also green plain pitted olives and Amazing Kalamata Olives.
visit greek-kouzina.com
ussoppanoss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2018, 18:23:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You will see the Beef Market's lessons for trade policy. Don't waste your time to go on the other sites and get the proper attention from this zone. With the help of au.edubirdie.com review you can get all the policies in the detail.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: