Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 02 October 2014, 8:19:37 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Is Singapore suitable for single people?  (Read 69185 times)
Yankee Doodle Dandy
« Reply #240 on: 04 March 2012, 18:34:23 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Its great.  All you do is flash the cash in the pubs.  Soon as they hear the american accent and see the cash their eyes all light up and they are all over ya. Cheesy The pubs here are full of girls, even if you go out alone you will never go home alone.  Expat women are in the pubs too but I give em a wide berth.  I mean why come all the way out here to hit on an expat chick. Back home I couldnt even get a woman to look at me never mind want to go home with me.  Since comin over here ive been like a kid in a candy store. I mean you dont come to asia to eat gumbo or cajun chicken now do ya ?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« Reply #240 on: 04 March 2012, 18:34:23 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

victorvaldez33

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 20 March 2012, 23:18:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

if u aint white u aint right ;-))
does it go like this in singapore?
have been there a few times and approached a few local girls in the bar and been shooed away lollll
maybe coz I am an Indian.....
I wonder what options a decent looking single Indian guy has in SG...difficult I am sure..
statisticaltesticles
« Reply #242 on: 21 March 2012, 19:02:58 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Fact is that 90% of people are stupid. So, presuming you're intelligent and looking for intelligent company, that leaves you with 10%. That's a minority.

Of the 10%, half of that are males that leaves you with 5% (presuming you're a hetero male). You're now a minority of a minority

Of 5%, half of that are gay - so unless you're batting for the other side, that brings you down to 2.5%. YOu're now a minority of a minority of a minority.

Of that 2.5% women, half (though many men would say 95%) of that are women with more baggage than Heathrow (thanks Brish!t Airways - buy you one at the pub mate). That's a minority of a minority of a minority of a minority.

That's a big ask of a god-forsaken island like Singabore!!! And you're only looking at adults remember.
Single Expat Bloke
« Reply #243 on: 04 April 2012, 22:22:06 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can anyone please give me an honest and objective view of the singles dating scene for Western guys in Singapore in terms of meeting ex pat women? I'm 35, English and thinking about moving out there. Thanks.
Simon le Boner
« Reply #244 on: 05 April 2012, 7:37:31 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I suggest that you settle your job/employment permit/pay/home issues first. If you're thinking of moving to Singapore, the single scene is the least of your priorities. First you better you check whether they'll have you at all.
The Dong
« Reply #245 on: 05 April 2012, 9:25:36 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Single Expat Bloke, you ask for honest and objective opinions - what do you think all the previous posts are? Roll Eyes
Single Expat Bloke
« Reply #246 on: 05 April 2012, 17:23:57 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks guys. On the first response, assume that the move part is sorted. I'm not asking about the admin. On the second, the string of posts on this site (which I do find highly amusing and entertaining, by the way) are not giving proper answers to the first guy's original question: "Is Singapore suitable for single people?". Most of them are just rants from angry people about their bitter views of life. And yes, they're brilliant...just don't answer the question.

So, can anyone let me know if Singapore is a good place for an English ex pat on the singles scene?

Thanks.
Kapitan Obvious
« Reply #247 on: 06 April 2012, 12:47:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What a silly question.

There are men.  There are women.  Sounds suitable to me.

What's your definition of "suitable"?
Singapore Slinger
« Reply #248 on: 06 April 2012, 21:56:42 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you think it's a silly question, then why are you on this blog in the first place? The title of this blog is "Is Singapore suitable for single people". That's what's being discussed here. You can split hairs about the meaning of the word "suitable" but we all know what this is getting at.

Anyone got any other views on the dating scene in Singapore?
swf
« Reply #249 on: 11 April 2012, 19:47:21 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't think it's a great scene. There are too many bars and no regular scene. Always meeting new people -frequently tourists. Had 2 bfs in 4 years during my stay here. Both lasted a whopping 2months and then 6months. -Reason for the end "want to focus on my career and be single when in Singapore".

Maybe I'm unlucky! Not sure, but I'm heading home..

Anyone else?

If you think it's a silly question, then why are you on this blog in the first place? The title of this blog is "Is Singapore suitable for single people". That's what's being discussed here. You can split hairs about the meaning of the word "suitable" but we all know what this is getting at.

Anyone got any other views on the dating scene in Singapore?
ace55
« Reply #250 on: 15 October 2013, 18:11:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

dude but seriously i have been in singapore my whole lifetime. i have not been hit upon. and now im 21 so i myself am looking for some sex without the need for unnecessary $$$ . but its kinda hard to find honestly. the sites you try up for all requires pop $$$. and i cant seem to find any girl to have casual sex with.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: