Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 26 September 2017, 20:34:28 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stay Out Maid  (Read 25522 times)
The Employer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 March 2006, 20:03:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

To iiop: I feel offended of your remarks. It is necessity because I am taking more responsibilities outside home. I am taking the opportunity of having a helper or else I would not have this chance to do all these things of where I  am. Where I come from, we rely on child care centres and we have relatives we can call on any time we needed them to look after our kids. Our situation as a foreigner is different to locals here where they can rely on their in-laws, relatives, parents, etc. We do not have that “luxury” like that; hence having a helper becomes a necessity here. I am doing all the things that I want to do long time ago—taking EXCO role (volunteer) , keeping up professional developments, volunteer as a teacher to a local Christian community, former volunteer to provide financial advices for free to Singaporean communities, regular get together with other mums for the sake of my little child and for myself, and among other things. I am sure I am not the only expat wife who is doing these all these things. Hence you should not make a harsh judgment.
To everyone who gives all these advices, I will consider all of them and will come up to final decision.

To but: We are thinking that her stay out accommodation should be closed to our residence where she can either walk or taking a bus for less than 10 minutes.
To house: I cannot wait to finish our lease and find a place like what you’d suggested. I will definitely make that rule that she should not be allowed to be in our lounge room, kitchen, etc after the certain time ,  that she should finish all her household chores in that time, eaten her dinner, and ready to go to her room with her own tv and comfortable bedroom.

To temp 22: Our current resident is not equip for our family’s privacy. There is a helper’s bathroom, cooking area but the maid’s room we turn it into storage room. Our current place has only 3 rooms. My 2 children used to share one bedroom (double deck bed or bunker) and our former helper has her own bedroom which was the guest room. When she transferred to another employer, the guest room turned into kid’s room as we’d introduce to our young kids to sleep separately (independence).

I thank you for all your advices and suggestions except that sarcastic   remark from iiop.

Cheers  

The Employer

flip
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2006, 9:23:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Don't understand -- why not hire a full time local maid? I'm sure it'll be cheaper and less 'risky' that way.
Lurking Local
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Flip, it is difficult for the OP to get a local to work at such an early hour UNLESS she stays near the OP. If the OP can rearrange the working hours to 7 am, she might be able to get some locals interested. After all, factory workers and hotel staff do shift works.

12 hours' stretch a day with only 2-4 off days a month is also a problem if the local has to do housework at her own home; spend time with her children and spouse.

However, it's not impossible to get a local if the pay is very attractive.

Getting a foreign domestic worker is a totally different kettle of fish. The OP has to follow the guidelines as stipulated by the Ministry of Manpower.

bri.lliant!!!
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2006, 18:23:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is what we should tell all expat husbands: "STAY OUT of the maid."
to the OP
« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2006, 21:11:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

did you think about changing the rooms?
why then not change the guest room into storage room and give her the maid's room? she might feel better as well being far away from you in the house.
illegal
« Reply #20 on: 20 March 2006, 8:24:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

To Employer

I was not suggesting your current maid was illegal, it was in answer to your enquiry I was responding.  It is illegal for you to hire a full time maid and have her live outside your home.

You need to take a chill pill........

Maid to measure
« Reply #21 on: 20 March 2006, 12:19:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

quote:

It is illegal for you to hire a full time maid and have her live outside your home.

No it isn't. It is illegal to have a full time maid and allow her to stay anywhere apart from her legally registered abode. But employers CAN arange for their maid to stay off premises, but their abode must be registered as such.

We have been doing this for the past five years.

The Employer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 March 2006, 16:57:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for everyone's acceptable suggestions. I'd resigned to live-in helper at least there are less risks in doing so rather put her outside our home premises. Yesterday, we have short listed 5 but only one is prospective. We are not making a rush decision this time. I hope we will find a SUITABLE helper for us. We will control our privacy this time

This  website has been helpful to me.  

ning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 21 March 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

ah yah,so much problem. just decide what
best loh......
kd

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 March 2006, 18:10:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Great advice, Ning.  I look forward to more insightful posts in the future!
Roldan R

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 October 2014, 15:15:22 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't understand the level of privacy that you mean here. Is it not what you are currently doing now? You have this maid as a part-timer, working in your home twice a week, and still you are having privacy issues?

I think you need to draw where the lines should be!
joannalyn desumala
« Reply #26 on: 06 May 2015, 17:55:31 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am joannalyn desumala From philippines. Been in singapore almost 6years. My current employer is swiss german with 3kids at the age of 5,3 and 1 1/2. I finish my contract nxt month june 23 2015. I am looking a employer and saturday sunday and public holiday off. 97955192 this my number Jho
joy gervillo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 November 2015, 21:48:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

To those employer who's looking for a stay out helper,

Hi sir/madam:
I'm Merry Joy Gervillo 36,  years old, looking for an employer...
I am willing to stay out if you need privacy. I'm working in a bachelor employer with one adopted son and dog.  He is an English man. As he decided to get married and he doesn't need any helper yet. I'm looking forward to find an employer here. As I gonna start early of January 2016. As stated my job description with him: after works I can go out. Saturday, Sunday and public holiday off. Thanks so much. For further information you may contact me on my mobile
96344331 or you can email me at: [email protected]
Again thank you so much.
Respectfully yours,
Joy
joy gervillo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 November 2015, 21:59:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

To those employer who's looking for a stay out helper,

Hi sir/madam:
I'm Merry Joy Gervillo 36,  years old, looking for an employer...
I am willing to stay out if you need privacy. I'm working in a bachelor employer with one adopted son and dog.  He is an English man. As he decided to get married and he doesn't need any helper yet. I'm looking forward to find an employer here. As I gonna start early of January 2016. As stated my job description with him: after works I can go out. Saturday, Sunday and public holiday off. Thanks so much. For further information you may contact me on my mobile
96344331 or you can email me at: [email protected]
Again thank you so much.
Respectfully yours,
Joy
analynfernandez
« Reply #29 on: 11 January 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I need work Singapore stay out 4h time my contact  number 91656976
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: