Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 22 October 2018, 20:39:06 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Unpaid credit card and credit file  (Read 57256 times)
Vulcanl
« Reply #30 on: 08 November 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

sf,

"...That would be the way the agents and government monopolies treat most people here and people have been taken into thinking they should never speak out..."

The same applies in your own country...with the worst Government monopoly being that granted to Central Banks to rape and pillage YOUR money (but that of course is a different topic  Grin)

"...It's a shame really..."

No more shameful than skipping town without paying your debts

"...Vulcan, please understand this is not a country who has matured into questioning most anything aside from where the next free diet coke will be given..."

Understood and agreed.  What does this have to do with being a weasel who racks up bills for others to pay?   Roll Eyes

get it straight
« Reply #31 on: 08 November 2011, 12:14:23 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You have no clue where I'm from Vulcan and in fact am half Singaporean by blood and was born here.

I am also half American. Don't compare a democratic 300 mill population to a 5 mill one in terms of greed and rape and pillaging funds as you will find Singapore will be the winner per capita but brainwashing will stop one from thinking that.

America just is able to have more freedom to talk is all and share downfalls.
Vulcanl
« Reply #32 on: 08 November 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

sf,

It doesn't matter where you are from.  You are attempting to make a point about a perceived lack of 'freedom' here in Singapore, and I am countering by proposing that liberty is on the wane everywhere on the Planet (and has been for a long time now).  America is not as 'Free' as you think it is.  These are dark times indeed that we live in, and I think that Singapore is the best place to be for now...I can live with a little brainwashing and defined limits to what I can do, as long as there is order, efficiency and I can generally know what to expect next.  Singapore delivers on these key fronts for me, and sadly I cannot say the same for my home country, The United States.  To each his own.

Let's not veer too much further off topic:  These traits that I admire about Singapore are effective in preventing a lot of what is going on in the West.
how so?
« Reply #33 on: 08 November 2011, 13:07:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"These traits that I admire about Singapore are effective in preventing a lot of what is going on in the West."

What? Like even more ignorance, low birth rates, and such disparity between people economic ally?  Come on, mate. You aren't that silly.

Ignorance is not always bliss. please get your head out of the sand and do not send articles from a year ago you googled without research,  Maybe Singapore is great for you since you are tied in, but for many including us locals, time to quit. Can't wait
Vulcanl
« Reply #34 on: 08 November 2011, 13:12:32 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

how so?,

"...What? Like even more ignorance, low birth rates, and such disparity between people economic ally?..."

These issues are relevant to ANY developed nation at this point in time.  Please don't tell me that you believe our Western Liberal Democratic countries are immune to ignorance, low birth rates and income inequality/lopsided disparity?!?!

"...Ignorance is not always bliss...."

Ignorance is NEVER bliss.  We should always to strive to learn and understand more.  In order for this to happen, though one must keep an open mind...it does not appear that you are doing this (keeping an open mind)

"...Maybe Singapore is great for you since you are tied in, but for many including us locals, time to quit. Can't wait..."

You 'locals' complain way too much.  You've got it made in the shade and it will never be enough, will it?!?!  But I digress here  Lips sealed
so?
« Reply #35 on: 09 November 2011, 0:22:35 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's okay for you to complain about the west, but not alright for us to 'complain' about Singapore?

Are you sure you don't work for the government here?
Vulcanl
« Reply #36 on: 09 November 2011, 9:11:51 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

so?

"...but not alright for us to 'complain' about Singapore..."

We can all complain until the cows come home.  When I see how much Singaporeans have to be thankful for, however it makes me nauseous to read some of this stuff.  Hope you understand  Undecided
wumao
« Reply #37 on: 09 November 2011, 10:13:17 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's okay for you to complain about the west, but not alright for us to 'complain' about Singapore?

Are you sure you don't work for the government here?

I'm beginning to wonder if he belongs to the local equivalent of the 50 cent army
boreigner
« Reply #38 on: 23 January 2012, 0:45:04 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Oh gawd not another failed foreign talent.
Rockin Ruts
« Reply #39 on: 23 January 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Some foreigners set down roots and then expend a lot of energy defending this move to the incredulous, non-rooted sorts. It's quite typical.
boreigner
« Reply #40 on: 26 February 2012, 0:39:04 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This will stay on your credit record. If u intend to work for a bank they will run a credit check and its grounds for getting fired if u had not come clean.
ExpatSingapore123
« Reply #41 on: 26 May 2015, 16:29:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is there a centralised agency which looks into deliquent accounts or is there a national credit database which provides credit reports? Also if i go back to Singapore will I be arrested and jailed? Is there a debt collecting agency ? has any one any experience of this?

I left Singapore and did not settle my credit card. Origianlly it was only a couple of thousand dollars but now after 3 years the amount is about $12,000 with all the fees, fines and interest charges being added.

Strangely even though the bank has all my contact details I have not heard a peep. I just keep receiving the monthly statement. Ive written to them to discuss but no reply.

There is no centralized agency in Singapore for Banks. Banks at Singapore are not in any partnership with each other too.

For credit Card you would not be jailed for not paying. Only bounce of Cheque would be considered as criminal offense.
FlyerExpat
« Reply #42 on: 26 May 2015, 16:39:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I guess if I had never come then Singapore would have been wiped off the map during the GFC and you wouldn't even have a job. Grin

Credit card due could effect if you are taking loan from the banks here.

Immigration would not care about your loan with the bank. It is not a criminal offense!!
astroboy2
« Reply #43 on: 09 February 2017, 22:48:42 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hello.

i have the same case. will there be a problem with the immigration? :/
cris aborn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 August 2018, 2:03:48 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi.
2 bodies in Singapore that maintain a national database of credit reports. one private and other garment.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: