Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 21 July 2017, 2:28:33 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Husband's 40th Birthday ideas?  (Read 9903 times)
op
« on: 05 October 2011, 9:02:55 AM »

It's my husband's 40th soon. I desperately need ideas for a birthday bash. He's quite a quiet guy and doesn't like a big fuss, but I feel I need to do something a little social for him on this big day.
Any ideas for a nice present and bash e.g. dinner, cruise? He made a really big fuss over my 40th with a surprise party, but I do not think he would like this himself. He's a bit antisocial!

I'm at a loss  Huh

Kafka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2011, 9:57:02 AM »

It's my husband's 40th soon. I desperately need ideas for a birthday bash. He's quite a quiet guy and doesn't like a big fuss, but I feel I need to do something a little social for him on this big day.
Any ideas for a nice present and bash e.g. dinner, cruise? He made a really big fuss over my 40th with a surprise party, but I do not think he would like this himself. He's a bit antisocial!

I'm at a loss  Huh

Well, you don't give much details, but I would say, whatever he likes, make it ++++ ! If he's in running, register him and organize for NYC marathon. Into food, a Michelin 3* meal. Watches, a pricey one...and so on...
What about?
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2011, 11:33:30 AM »

I'm at a loss  Huh

How about an all boys' party at one of the less salubrious establishments in OT?  That would blow some cobwebs off :-)
boat charter
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2011, 15:31:15 PM »

from Marina at Keppel Bay.  Google is your friend.  Budget from around S$2k upwards....a wee party for friends while sailing around the southern islands
antisocial
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2011, 18:09:41 PM »

from Marina at Keppel Bay.  Google is your friend.  Budget from around S$2k upwards....a wee party for friends while sailing around the southern islands
Hubby is antisocial, he got no friends... So the boat ride will be 1-to-1... Maybe the OT option is a good idea after all!
Mr A
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2011, 14:39:08 PM »

How about a surprise weekend break away?
GGirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2011, 9:35:35 AM »

Cheesy  Hi,  is he into sports?  If so, a surprise game catered with great style.  eg. round of golf with some old friends, hire the Futsal pitch at East coast for a fun game & his favourite beer or informal cricket with gin & tonics and cucumber sandwiches, oysters etc .  He'll feel within his comfort zone but you can still spring a surprise
Better still
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2011, 10:43:01 AM »

Why not combine the above two suggestions: give him an awesome weekend at one of the kite-surfing schools along the Malaysian East Coast. He'll feel like 20 again ripping up the chop on his kite.

And I reckon the apres-surf seafood BBQ with drinks round a campfire will be a major hit too.

Great way to celebrate if he's not into big groups. Can be just you, him and some close buds and budettes.

Have a fun eh!

on my 40th
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2011, 3:44:15 AM »

I went out for nice meal on my 40th birthday to crystal jade, real chinese style food...yummy.
alanth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2016, 8:21:26 AM »

have a quiet get together at your place or somewhere you both have been - a bar, restaurant. Surely there are a few dear friends you both have.
Prepare a good 40th birthday invitation card. you can get some wordings from
http://www.40thbirthdayinvitations.org/planning-40th-birthday-invitations/  

Happy 40th birthday to him !!
latasha

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2016, 14:51:06 PM »

I closed couple of things that you should accomplish for him on his birthday.

Beach Party

A gathering will help him to meet the general population like his companions, which he was not able meet because of work.

Dinner Party For Two

A Dinner with your better half at his most loved eatery can likewise involve joy

What about recollecting his family me time

Continuously a man values his folks and he adores to be with them now and then. Attempt to give him a few minutes where he can be with his kin, orchestrate a little gathering at his folks' place. It ought to resemble a family assembling. A little cake, some great sustenance and with great individuals.

Ring his companions to shock him with sudden section at 12 midnight, when his birthday strikes

Photograph Collage

This is the best present you can exhibit him on his 40Th birthday.

Book the tickets of the spot where your better half cherishes to go and was longing for quite a while that he may ready to go there. The voyage will make him cheerful and will offer him a reprieve from the tumultuous timetable of his every day office work and will give him a decent and vital experience. Cool Cool
laneige

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2016, 16:32:49 PM »

Can give him a wake up, such as watches, clothes and so on

Native Singapore Laneige Singapore
MikeK1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 September 2016, 15:18:04 PM »

I guess your husband is nearer to 50 than 40 now... so you'll be looking for new ideas again soon :-)   I was invited to an event on this Tall Ship and its amazing. If you'll looking to do something different, can't go wrong.  Seems they are opening up to the public now...  See https://www.tallship.com.sg/products/

Cheers, Mike
Ira G.wam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2017, 2:24:20 AM »

We were lucky enough to see him on his big day.  Happy birthday again, pablofunk.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: