Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 12 December 2017, 14:18:19 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coffee Beans in Singapore  (Read 9691 times)
CoffeeRookie
« on: 23 July 2004, 13:42:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just started making my own coffee at home rather then buying it outside. Does anyone have some good places to buy beans? I've tried the Starbucks, Coffee Bean etc etc and the place in Jason's Raffles City. I'm mostly looking for a blend of beans that is STRONG to get me going in the morning

Thank you

SoSo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2004, 14:33:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Try Spinelli's - they are the only company that roast their beans locally... My favorite is the French Dark Roast
Boz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2004, 14:40:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There is also a coffee seller on Upper Serangoon Rd called UCC something (near Kovan MRT).  It has a good selection of coffees from all around the world.
Try.....
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2004, 15:09:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

...Supercoffeemix 3-in-1.....it's pretty good, and very cheap!
samm
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2004, 15:49:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

But there can be only one winner... and it must be ILLY! Really expensive but worth of every cent.
chocolatevodka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2004, 16:33:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Cheap AND good is Dimbulah, 63 Market Street , next to Raffles Place.
A pack of 250 gr costs 5,80 and taste is fine
missyou
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2004, 8:28:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why donĀ“t you try any Wet-Market? There are stalls where you get exactly the mixture you want, they mix it in front of you out of different sortes of coffee beans.
I buy my coffe at the coffee-bean seller at Street 52 market (Jurong) and I am not local...

Noel

Olly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2004, 15:09:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Illy? Hah! Okay if you like very high roast, and don't mind that it was packaged three months ago...

Freshly roasted stuff starts losing its oils in twenty-four to forty-eight hours. Most of the good bits of the taste will be gone in fourteen days. Vacuum sealing may help extend that by a little.

There are quite a few local roasters but many of them adulterate the stuff with margerine!

Mr Spinelli doesn't do that and roasts at least once a week. If you ask nicely he will sell you green beans and you can roast your own. Very well worth the trouble.

Happy slurping,

Ol.

Olly
jeremyee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2017, 19:17:59 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You should check out Jewel Coffee's new online shop. I bought Ethiopia beans from there for only $8 (launch promotion). Their house blend Bold As Love is pretty good too.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: