Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 25 July 2014, 0:57:25 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dulwich College  (Read 25118 times)
teacher...
« on: 29 November 2011, 20:52:56 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I see Dulwich College, Singapore is advertising for teachers.  Adverts say the school will open its doors August 2012.  Does anybody know where the campus will be situated as I can find nothing on their website?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 29 November 2011, 20:52:56 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

teacher...
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2011, 5:55:23 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, I'd managed to find that information too, but I think that's just a postal address, not the address of the school.
China
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2011, 10:21:55 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

My son attended their school in Shanghai.....hugely dissapointing. The only thing they share is the name with their UK school, and this is just a franchise.

When will a real british school come to Singapore
Old Alleynian
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2011, 13:57:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Just wondering if there were any other old Alleynians out there in Singapore?

Stup
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2011, 19:07:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What a comment a real British school.....these real schools allow themselves to be franchised so I wouldn't rely on them being that good if that's what you are saying. By real do they all have to be elite private school... Because we all know they are the best (not!). You might have a long unrealistic wait. there are great schools here local and international
Fullcircle
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2011, 20:21:37 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think new campus will be bukit batok area. My child also attended dulwich shanghai and I was very impressed with it. I'm a former UWC teacher and am looking forward to Dulwich coming to Singapore, standard of education between UWC and Dulwich Shanghai is very similar.
suspect...
« Reply #6 on: 01 December 2011, 11:22:01 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think new campus will be bukit batok area. My child also attended dulwich shanghai and I was very impressed with it. I'm a former UWC teacher and am looking forward to Dulwich coming to Singapore, standard of education between UWC and Dulwich Shanghai is very similar.

What a load of crap and what does a school in Shanghai have to do with quality of a start-up school in Singapore?

Does UWC really have great teachers or just really smart students, as a result of a selective admissions process?

This whole thread seems a bit suspect...maybe the Dulwich team is trying some viral marketing
dafle
« Reply #7 on: 01 December 2011, 18:43:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Apparently it is actually going to be in Johor Bahru...
teacher...
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2011, 19:39:10 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The advert definitely says Singapore.  I think you may be confusing it with Marlborough College which is opening up in JB August 2012.
Fullcircle
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2011, 21:21:21 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Doubtful, I think.  Or the standards at UWC have declined.

Having taught at UWC, which in my opinion is a great school, and having been a parent of a child at Dulwich Shanghai, which I also think is a great school, I think it's fine to compare them and the standard of education.  If you also have first hand experience at both, I think it's also fine for you to share your opinion.  I have no ties to any marketing, just trying to share positively my thoughts.
Anyway, to help the OP, I'm pretty sure it is bukit batok.
sure
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2011, 22:21:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Doubtful, I think.  Or the standards at UWC have declined.

Having taught at UWC, which in my opinion is a great school, and having been a parent of a child at Dulwich Shanghai, which I also think is a great school, I think it's fine to compare them and the standard of education.  If you also have first hand experience at both, I think it's also fine for you to share your opinion.  I have no ties to any marketing, just trying to share positively my thoughts.
Anyway, to help the OP, I'm pretty sure it is bukit batok.

Don't worry....i am sure we all believe you...not!
teacher...
« Reply #11 on: 02 December 2011, 6:06:00 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PP - I thought it was me who was being accused of being from the school marketing scheme and starting off a viral marketing campaign!   
silverish
« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2011, 6:42:59 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Dulwich college employs mainly English trained teachers who on the whole are very professional and passionate about education. Some of the staff from the Dulwich China schools are going to Singapore and I believe a couple from Dulwich Seoul. Most children have to pass an entrance exam to get in but if a child is not a passport holder of the country where the school is then they are more than likely to be accepted. I do not work for Dulwich or have any connections with it in any way shape or form!
 Ah, one minor point...I know for a fact that a language teacher has NO teaching qualifications it's just that her husband works for the ~~~~~~~ embassy in a very senior position
real british school?
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2011, 8:09:12 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

When will a real british school come to Singapore

Hopefully never.  We could do without hordes of poorly educated glue-sniffing neds stabbing each other and shagging their teachers before heading to locals malls and terrorising the grannies, thank you very much.
Vine+Grape
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2011, 8:16:51 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've heard of other, very respectable, top tier public schools that may be heading this way. About time too. The existing, overhyped establishments here have had it too easy for too long.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: