Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 27 November 2014, 17:18:31 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Private schools in Melbourne  (Read 2522 times)
kd

View Profile
« on: 08 January 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

We are moving to Mentone later this year and I was wondering if anyone knows how difficult it is to get into private schools in the area.  I have emailed a couple of schools but not heard back yet as I guess they are still on holidays.  I just assumed it would be easy but now I'm starting to get worried.... Also, anyone had experience with Mentone Grammar?  My kids are 12 and 15.

Ex-pat
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi there! My kids go to Mentone grammar as we live in nearby Beaumaris.  I have a son in year 12 this year and a daughter in year 9.  I also have a son who completed his schooling there and is now at uni.  We are very happy with the school as it offers something for everyone and is a lovely coed environment.  We were at AIS during our time in Singapore.  I highly recommend Mentone Grammar.  Some year levels are busier than others, The office should be open next weeks school is back end of Jan.  Happy to answer any questions.
kd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2012, 19:22:03 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks, Ex-pat and sorry for my delayed response!  Looks like my son will be starting there in the last term, in Year 9.  Glad to hear you're so happy with it!  We'll also be living in Beaumaris so I might see you around!
Ex-pat
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2012, 14:30:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi, glad to hear I wa able to help! If you have any questions, my email is janmurf@bigpond.net.au.  Look forward to meeting you - Mentone is a friendly school and my daughter is also year nine this year so she can help your son settle in too. Jan.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: