Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 30 July 2014, 5:01:12 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Curtains drycleaned as part of Tenancy Agreement standard?  (Read 4276 times)
Winnie Chow
« Reply #15 on: 20 February 2012, 14:27:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, wont be surprised if the washing machine breaks down doing such a big load, unless of course you had a big machine
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« Reply #15 on: 20 February 2012, 14:27:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

idiot_agents
« Reply #16 on: 23 February 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Its not standard, its just one more thing that has been forced on tenants in some cases. The agents will insist it is standard, as they work for the landlord. But most agents are brain dead, dishonest little pricks. I would say refuse to agree, its a lot of hassle when you actually have to do it.
yes and no
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2012, 14:21:49 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Its not standard, its just one more thing that has been forced on tenants in some cases. The agents will insist it is standard, as they work for the landlord. But most agents are brain dead, dishonest little pricks. I would say refuse to agree, its a lot of hassle when you actually have to do it.

Many landlords don't have their own contracts written in stone either. What they would have is a standardized generic contract, given to them at some point by an agent - perhaps tweaking a couple of terms if it is personally important. That would the basis guideline, by which they assume tenants abide by.

This would be touted as a general checklist. How anally it is adhered to again varies from agent to agent, landlord to landlord.
That would the general guideline, by which they assume tenants abide by.
another LL
« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2012, 18:30:26 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are landlords who's intention is to provide an honest standard of living to the tenant, whilst maintaining the physical state of the premises.

In the rental contracts for my properties are included the washing of curtains, a water seepage clause, as well as general maintenance of ceilings and walls.
I reserve the right to inspect premises twice a year.

You should see the totally disgusting state of some properties when they are handed back. Kitchens that are beyond repair, toilets with mold and fungus growing in it, blackened curtains due to incense burning, black kitchen ceilings...you name it.

If a tenant does not agree on the clauses in the agreement, well good luck to them. I don't want them renting from me in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: