Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 23 November 2014, 16:22:29 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Orchard (Road) School Moving to other campuses  (Read 1499 times)
Jellyhead

View Profile
« on: 02 March 2012, 23:48:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi All,

It seems to be an open secret that many of the schools situated around Orchard Road/Boulevard are being forced to change their locations for whatever reasons. I have had a friend with children at OFS say that they were told in a newsletter this was the case, and another at ISS saying that she is aware of the same there and heard that Chatsworth would also move down within the next few years.

I have taken my child out of a school that was too far away from our home as it meant a very long day for a small person and that I wasn't able to be involved in any aspect of her school life as I work.

My question is simple - I am looking at all of the above schools as possibilities but do not want to place her in a school that is going to move and perhaps present the same problems - does anyone know if this is the case and where the schools may be moving to?

I have asked the schools themselves who tell me that it is completely untrue.

I have however had enough experience in the expat school system to be aware that they will not necessarily disclose this information if it means losing my custom. Not to mention the countless parents with children already attending these schools saying that they will be moving soon.

I do not want to be in the same situation in a year or two years of having to move schools again - we have decided to make Singapore our home and so I would like her to feel settled and have an environment and (hopefully) friends who remain with her throughout her schooling.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Here
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2012, 23:38:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm afraid you have no choice in the matter.  Orchard Road premises are costly and are of limited capacity.  When the school expands, it will have to move to larger premises ( rental is cheaper, too) in the suburbs which will be in the extreme North, East or West.
Jellyhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2012, 14:57:51 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware that I don't have a choice - that's not the issue. I would just like to know where these schools that are currently very close to my home are moving to so I can make an informed decision about the best choice for my child.

There are other schools also close to my home that would move up my shortlist if it turned out that ISS, OFS and Chatsworth were moving much further out.

Any clues on the new locations would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: