Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 22 October 2017, 17:50:40 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: International movers - any recommendations?  (Read 12179 times)
you shewer?
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2012, 17:22:06 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the replies to the post which I jumped in on!  We're going with KC Dat.  Just for the record, we're paying almost $15000 for our 4 foot container if that helps anyone.  It's a lot of money but as a PP said, they're all much of a muchness and they sponsor our club so it's a bit of payback for us!

If that is correct then you must be crazy, or stupid or both.

Surely Not Correct
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2012, 18:37:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

must have meant 40 foot container Huh
kd

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2012, 20:37:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Oops! Yes, obviously a typo - I don't think they make 4 foot containers!  It is a 40 foot container.
dirkha

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 April 2014, 6:38:07 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Do not take Oxford Van Lines.
The sales lady did not talk nicely about her movers when they were late on the packing date...
However, the packing went smoothly after a two hour delay.
The surprise came when I received my belongings in Germany a few weeks later. My coffee table was damaged and a glass gover of a sideboard was cracked. When I confronted Oxford Van Lines (Ms Mel), she told me to bugger of.
Also, the two guys who delivered the goods in Germany did not want to take the shoes off in my house (this goes without saying everywhere in Asia). They said, if I insist on it, they will not proceed with the move.
Cutting a long story short: I cannot recommend this company.
Ben01
« Reply #19 on: 31 March 2015, 16:02:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

Just a quick post in recommendation of Oxford Van Lines. They have provided us with a great service from helping us navigate the different options, storage versus shipping, to completing the packing of our condo.
raflessucks

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 October 2015, 19:55:59 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hello, bit late but also for other users..
Don't use rafles international relocation. They cheated us for 5000$ because they refused to pay the movers in my new country, although I paid for door to door. I had to pay because my family and I had to start our life.
very sad those companies still exist. don't use rafles international relocation. Learn from my mistake.
stevestaylor1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2017, 18:47:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi, Everyone!

I recently moved from California to Tokyo. Finding a good moving company was hard for me but somehow I found an international moving company with the best reputation!

I was looking for a moving company that was not a broker. I wanted to know that my belongings were not going to take 2 weeks as well as being stopped at different locations and me of knowing who the moving broker would subcontract to. Did some research and saw the reviews and figured I would place a call. Jenni, answered and was so pleasant and explained everything. Not only that she was able to get them here in 2 days later for an estimate. They came on moving day and headed by Jamie, everyone was so professional and completed the work in time for me to have the rest of my day. They even packed my original art pieces and all my things arrived on time and it great condition. They even had to walk my couch up three flights of stairs because the door to the elevator was too small. They worked tiredly getting my things situated and did not even want to stop to eat the lunch I bought them. They waited until everything was done before they took their lunch on the road back. I would use them anytime. If you are looking for movers that are pleasant and take pride in their work.... Call acclaimedmovers.com
lost money
« Reply #22 on: 06 June 2017, 13:31:49 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Don't use Jamie Matison. I now know of 3 people who regret using him. His MO is to pack up your shipment, you pay him for it delivery door to door. The loe and behold when it arrives at the other end the clearing forwarder and/or shipping company has not been paid by Jamie Matison and the only way to get your goods is to pay again to get them released in country of destination.

Not sure if he is still around. Undertsand a few guys are looking for him.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: