Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 27 April 2017, 11:18:04 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: cheese making  (Read 32344 times)
Musashi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2014, 20:49:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Success making what kind of cheese ?

I admit, I don;t really visit mustafa center, and I'm not familiar with indian brands. When I said I tried all the brands, I was referring to those available in the main supermarkets.

sen
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2014, 14:06:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

after searching high and low, i reached the conclusion that no, you can't find rennet in singapore. one single place had, and they will renew the stock "sometime end of july"... (!)

I decided to order online (although the shipping was more expensive than the product itself). 30 tablets that each can set 50L of milk. Thats enough cheese making for a loooong, looong time (for home use!)

If anyone wants to experiment, and needs one-two tablets, I can spare them... (plus I'm off to europe in july and intend to bring in a "large" stock) Cheesy

Can you tell me where that single place which renewed the stock
Thanks
sen
Musashi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2014, 15:28:50 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

after searching high and low, i reached the conclusion that no, you can't find rennet in singapore. one single place had, and they will renew the stock "sometime end of july"... (!)

I decided to order online (although the shipping was more expensive than the product itself). 30 tablets that each can set 50L of milk. Thats enough cheese making for a loooong, looong time (for home use!)

If anyone wants to experiment, and needs one-two tablets, I can spare them... (plus I'm off to europe in july and intend to bring in a "large" stock) Cheesy

Can you tell me where that single place which renewed the stock
Thanks
sen

I think it was the "eat organic" shop" on Bukit Timah
Raz
« Reply #18 on: 18 November 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know where I can find Monophilic or Thermophilic cheese cultures in Singapore??

Thanks,
Musashi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 January 2015, 17:42:19 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know where I can find Monophilic or Thermophilic cheese cultures in Singapore??

Thanks,

As far as I know, you can't. I order mine online.
Greta Fisher

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 February 2015, 20:44:05 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Cheese is a definite favorite but I have never thought of actually making one myself.
pico
« Reply #21 on: 26 July 2015, 17:33:01 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am living alone and want to buy raw fresh milk , but I can consume 5-6L for one purchase. Is there anyone whats to share ?

Please contact me at vivian17303@gmail.com

Thank you
ivanlef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2015, 17:03:23 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hmmm...I used the spreadable cheese in the tub rather than the brick of cream cheese, maybe that it is why it was more liquidy than Karens Well, I will probably be making it for Super Bowl Sunday, so I will try the brick

Sonnyboywilliamson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 January 2016, 21:49:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Would it be safe to do the pasteurization at home?
Wish i knew about the raw milk sooner, just carried 8 liter of supermarket milk home!   Smiley
oldmike
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 January 2016, 4:21:05 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Pasteurization involves heating to high, but not boiling, temperatures for specified times, and then cooling. You can do it at home,but be sure you know what you are doing. Raw milk may contain TB as well as other pathogens. As you are going to add cheese cultures, the simplest thing is to buy pasteurized milk.
Jon7865
« Reply #25 on: 20 August 2016, 17:27:09 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

milk is raw so you need to pasteurize it yourself.

Their milk is raw but pasteurized and homogenized Sad
Patrick1
« Reply #26 on: 03 October 2016, 17:35:04 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

don't drink pasteurized and certainly not homogenized milk. It is milk in the word only, it doesn't anything that's good for your body! Yes, the bad bacteria will be killed, but also the good ones as well as all enzymes. We need those for a healthy gut.

Look for real raw milk, unprocessed, from an organic farmer. And drink it is as it is to get all health benefits necessary.
K9Sports

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 February 2017, 19:20:16 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You can get Rennet (and other cheese making supplies) here:
http://thaiartisanfoods.com/shop/rennet-5-tablets/

Artsy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2017, 11:42:55 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

it's in lim chu kang (few more steps and you fall off the map!)

they deliver, so you don't need to drive all the way to the farm.

restrictions for delivery:
once a week - the day depending on your address.  (the delivery hour can be quite random Cheesy)
min order is 5L (S$6 / L)
milk is raw so you need to pasteurize it yourself.
you need to confirm your order every week (via SMS) (unlike the goats milk farm where they have an online system and allow recurring weekly or every-other-week orders. )

Viknesh Dairy Farm
6 Lim Chu Kang Lane 8A, 719607

call/sms 9380 5495 to place your order

anyone knows of other raw - or low temperature pasteurized - milk sources ? (it's always good to have alternatives....)

I live in the heartland (SengKang) and there is a Prime Supermarket near my place which sells the Goats milk from this farm - Hay Dairies.  There are other outlets around Singapore too, or you can buy from their online store www.primeonline.com.sg. Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: